Paypal is asking for Proof Business Registrations when most of my business is online?

Trinhsanity
Contributor
Contributor

My business account is limited right now because I need to provide proof of business registrations. The problem is that most of the business I do is online which deals with graphic designing and video editing, so I cannot provide such documents. Is there any way that I can get this problem lifted from my account? This is very important to me because I have $200 being held in my paypal account. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal requires specific documents for security reasons; you can't bypass the security requirements.

What business documents do you have?  Is your business registered in your state?   Even online businesses should be registered; online buisness doesn't exempt you from business documentation required by PayPal.

If you have specific questions you will need to call PayPal customer service.  Click on the "contat" link at the bottom of the page and go from there.

Login to Me Too

Trinhsanity
Contributor
Contributor

It's an ameature business of mine. I make videos on youtube that deal with video editing. the viewers that watch my video will contact me to edit something for them and I get paid from them. This is my business. I don't know how I am able to provide such documents like this.  

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Amature business is still a business.  You'll just need to figure out how to obtain the right documents for submission.  You're getting paid for your service work; that's a business venture of all reportable revenue.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michael

Hi Trinhsanity,

I'm sorry to hear there's a limitation on your account. It sounds like there may be a misunderstanding between what you're describing as your business and the documents PayPal is requesting.

If you say you have a business, PayPal thinks you mean a company or corporation or some other legal entity that's been registered with your state and/or the federal goverment. Check out your state's Secretary of State website for more information on what it takes to register/incorporate your business. You can also check the IRS's website for information on how to apply for and receive an Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) if you take the step of registering or incorporating your business.

All this takes time, however. If your activity is a pursuit that results in you making money, but you don't have an actual business (corporation, LLC, etc.), it may be best for you to ask for your account to be changed from a PayPal Business Account to a Premier Account until you decide how you want to proceed and/or get everything lined up with your state and the feds. Lots of people sell things (eBay sellers, for example) or do things (like making videos to post on YouTube) but they don't have an actual business. Sound about right?

I hope this information helps. You might have to give a call to PayPal's Customer Service or contact us via Facebook or Twitter if you need additional assistance since the Community is generally a user-to-user forum for providing answers to questions. DPCreations did a great job, but I happened to be passing by and I thought I'd give my $0.02. It may be that I won't be able to stop back by to continue replying so it may be best to seek additional help outside the Community.  =:-)

I hope things work out for the best. Take care.

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.