Offline Transactions?

KristinMoore
New Community Member

Is the PayPal reader able to complete transactions while offline?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

No.

Offline charges are higher risk for both buyer and PayPal as there is no way to validate the status of the card and no way to verify that the buyer has funds available.

Login to Me Too

OffroadLife
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

It’s one thing to store a credit card transaction however, i can not understand why PAYPAL HERE can not be setup up to at least handle CASH transactions while "OFFLINE". To me this is a must have feature. 

Who knows about the sections of PAYPAL HERE called "SAVED" and “PENDING"? I cannot find information about this, even calling PAYPAL did not help. I have some transactions that are saved that i don’t know how they got there and crazy part is it’s a real transaction that took as cash.

To me it almost sounds like these "SAVED" and “PENDING" tabs are leaning toward possible being a work around for "OFFLINE" transactions.

PAYPAL Tech support please help! 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal Here cash sales are recorded into your PayPal online account; cash sales make use of your online inventory.  If you don't want your cash saless recorded in PayPal, then standby paper receipts are besst.  PayPal can't record your sales while offline.

I never even tried an offline cash sale; I do a lot of online cash sales, however.

PayPal support doesn't follow these forums.  Moderators who follow post general information and suggest calling PayPal for support.

I've called PayPal suport many times for PayPal Here.  Sometimes it takes a couple tries to get to the most knowledgdable person, you do need to specify reaching a PayPal Here techn.

I do a lot of cash and credit sales with PayPal Here bluetooth reader. I never checked the paid and pending options on the tablet app, but I did now.  There are some saved transasctions, but no clue why.  I tried archiving a sale, but that didn't add it to the list.  The save items are not on the paid list.  I looked more at a saved one on the tablet and there is an option to take a payment, so it looks like an inoice was created but never paid; that could have happened when I started a sale and the buyer decided not to pay.  I'll pay attention to that to see if any more show up; the last one was March.

Login to Me Too

OffroadLife
Contributor
Contributor

DPCreations thanks for reply

being able to record CASH transactions is very important to me so having the ability to at least log the transaction with items sold, sales amount, etc.... would be great. 

Right now the it works great all the way up taken payment 🙂 

Thanks

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

As long as you're online you can record it all. It works great.

For inventory I create bar codes of each item and then add the bar code to the inventory piece.  At sale time I just scan the bar code with tablet camera and it adds the time to the ticket.

I don't know about offline, but Square has a great inventory management system with their app where it actually deducts the item when sold.

At our major weekly event cell phone service was bad for AT&T, Sprint, and another.  We had AT&T for our FirstData terminal.  At the location the only service that worked reliably was Verrizon so I got a Verizon hotspot so I could use my Samsung tablet.  It cost about $50 for the device and $20/month (1GB/month which is quite adequate for sales).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.