Locked account

grandad1949
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Please can anyone help, My account of a few years has suddenly been locked by paypal,I do not understand the reasons behind this, Im on the phone and have been for almost an hour waiting for a caller to come to me,Paypal asked for adress ID which i have sent, also a photograph evidence, not sure why as they wouldnt know me anyway, the only thing i have is a bit of a battered bus pass which i have sent,We do a huge amount of work for charities now that we have retired, im wondering if paypal are taking offence to money going through this way, I there is anyone out there who can help me to resolve this faster i would really appreicate any help given, im still on hold on the hpone, i cannot find an email address to contact them this way either, it has been over a week now, getting very frustrated and feeling very unhappy with the way we are being kept waiting, Thanking you in advance 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grandad1949

We can't do anything, only customer services can give you a reason why this has happened as only they can view your account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

grandad1949
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your time, customer service have told us we have been picked at random to do a full security check, they are asking for pic id, which we do not have, also other paperwork, i have sent this, but until we can come up with pic id we cant get back in, very very unhappy with it all, we have been customers of Paypal many years, 

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi grandad1949

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community and Welcome!

I am so sorry to hear you haven't bee able to resolve your account limitation. Do you have any type of government issued picture ID? Any government issued picture ID that matches your PayPal account will work. 

I hope this helps. 

-Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.