Is everyone else having problems using paypal to create shipping labels?

PatDoody
Contributor
Contributor

This is mega annoying... paypal is not letting me creating shipping labels? I keep getting an error saying "

We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.

• PayPal Shipping is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

FireSpirit
Contributor
Contributor

YAY!!! Printing out your shipping labels is finally working again, after almost a month!!! THANK YOU, PayPal for finally getting this fixed! 😄

Login to Me Too

plasticbird27
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, still not working for a Newbie!

Wow!  Why don't the people at Paypal fix this?  It's obvious a lot of people are having a problem, I'm so new at this I put my problem on this community board but under "business", later noticed "shipping" under the most popular tags section on the right.

I have a large storage unit full of the typical stuff, I wanted to try and sell some of it instead of just taking it to goodwill, I thought going to ebay would be a very easy and classic way to do this on-line.  Well, I decided to sell one item first just to see how it would go, and it went well up unitl it came time to ship it:

I sold a bowling ball on ebay.     After the seller paid using Paypal, I then tried to use the "print shipping label" button for the item that was sold, that is on the ebay site.     Ebay redirected me to Paypal.   The Paypal page it sent me to was a frequently asked questions page which stated I needed to be verified, but it did not tell me "how" to become verified.     I called a Paypal customer service rep who said that I needed to attach a bank account number, (they already had a bank card) to my Paypal account and then when I tried this again it would work, of course, it did not.  Later, another Paypal rep said I needed to be verified through UPS, uh what???  Anyway, I decided to just write down the buyer's address and ship it myself, but of course I did not receive the benefit of the better rates offered by ebay, it cost almost $10 more which ate into most of the small profit I had made.     Can someone offer a solution?     I did notice that when the seller who bought my item has paid, I could view their name and the amount they paid on the Paypal site, I also noticed that I could click on their name and get further information; is this where I can print out a shipping lable, it looks like it may be ofttered?  I didn't find this out until later, because I wanted to ship the item and therefore marked it as shipped with a tracking number on ebay, I was wondering if the Paypal site recognized it as shipped and perhaps no longer offered prinitng out a label.  

So, this is too bad.  A newbie like me thinking they're **bleep**-up, and customer service just making me attach a bank account to my Paypal account, hmm...I wouldn't think that Paypal wants this to happen, and why don't they just send out a message apologizing to account holder's telingl them that they know there's a problem.  They could easily email everyone and state "don't use the shipping service", "we'll blast out another email to everyone when it's fixed", "it'll probably take 7 to 10 days", and "sorry for the incoveinence".  This would also not be good for business, but it's gotta be a better solution than "do nothing" or "add a bank account", and knowing that that won't fix the problem.  I dunno, it's just common sense to me, perhaps I'll just have a garage sale.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.