I'm being forced to login twice... every time, from every device

HaveAnEpiphany
Contributor
Contributor

No matter what device or browser I use, I'm forced to enter login information a second time. I've cleared cookies, used different browsers, and I'm having the same experience on mobile or desktop.

Often, I see the "You must log in before you access this page" error after the first login attempt.

This happens if I'm just logging in to check my account or if I'm in a checkout process.

The second time I enter my details, I'm always logged in. I'm not entering anything differently -- email/password are correct. I'm not seeing any errors related to incorrect login details. I just have to do it twice. Every time.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too
136 REPLIES 136

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

That link doesn't work for me, still have to log in twice!

Login to Me Too

SadCustomer
Contributor
Contributor

| That link doesn't work for me, still have to log in twice!

Yeah, their login, er, "framework" seems pretty byzantine.   It seems to look at a variety of cookies and does different things based on your account type, whether you're using 2FA, etc, and acts differently depending on a lot of specifics about your account.

Which probably accounts for why they **bleep** it up so often...too complex to easily test.

Login to Me Too

Wagobox
New Community Member

Has anyone made any progress with resolving this as I am also having to log in twice on everything... done all the usual cache clearing etc without any effect.

Login to Me Too

pizza70
Contributor
Contributor

It's still happening to me and it's almost the end of March.

Password is stored in password safe. Gets auto filled in sometimes I'm logged in on the first try. Sometimes on the second attempt.

Wish I could find out what things seem to trigger it. Agree with all of the other people's comments above. Why can't PayPal know this is happening and get somebody to fix it.

Login to Me Too

inTank
Contributor
Contributor

This issue is now 16 months old for me, and many others.

What is hard to understand is the neglect to resolve from PayPal.  It's not like they take a percentage from every sale for providing a service.  Oh wait...

Money only travels in one direction here PayPal.  Well past time to man up.

Login to Me Too

jzierhut
Contributor
Contributor

That is the identical response I got from the scripted "live person" as well.  So guess what...THEY AREN'T WORKING ON IT!  It will never be fixed, don't waste your time.  Paypal is just too large to care.

Login to Me Too

anonyguy
New Community Member

Has been happening to me ever since I finally started using the new version of the PayPal site. Very obnoxious. When I asked PayPal about it they acted like it might be because our account is so old (2001). Who knows...

Login to Me Too

CavySpirit
Contributor
Contributor

Also having the same problem for a long time. Getting super fed up with it.

Login to Me Too

924kr
Contributor
Contributor

Same here, I'm going to send another email to support to see what's up.

Login to Me Too

bluewave
Contributor
Contributor

Any update?  I have had this issue too.  It als started after switching to the new PayPal.  We do quite a bit of volume, so this is getting very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.