Ethical Practices

patsy43seller
Contributor
Contributor

My question is that if Paypal and Ebay are now seperately traded companies should an agent access your Ebay when the sale is not related to the transaction.  I have multiple selling pages, Facebook, Tradesy, and a personal page.  I list all my pages in my info.   A  buyer purchased from me not on Ebay and wants to return the item.  The agent looked up my Ebay page and the item which I ended the listing on 01/18.  I had offered a return on Ebay but the buyer did not purchase on Ebay,  The agent hasnno right to remind me I offered an Ebay return. This is not the same transaction.  If the item is not purchased on Ebay the terms of sale are not the same.  I am insulted and feel my privacy has been violated by this agent.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Where was the sale/purchase made if not on eBay?

What agent, for the buyer, or someone else?

Login to Me Too

patsy43seller
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is a money payment site, not just Ebay.  The person sent me the funds straight from their account to here.  They did not purchase through Ebay.  Paypal is a business feature for other methods besides just Ebay.

Login to Me Too

patsy43seller
Contributor
Contributor

Sale transaction was just a payment sent through PayPal not through Ebay checkout.  Therefore the buyer is not agreeing to Ebay's terms but to my sole terms.  He cannot use a Ebay listing to get his way and the agent cannot refer to a closed listing that the price was 40 more than he paid. 

Login to Me Too

patsy43seller
Contributor
Contributor

The whole issue is a privacy concern.  If I have a listing on Tradesy for $60, PayPal cannot access my Tradesy account.  The buyer cannot say well you charged me $75, in a direct payment seperate from a merchant site, and dispute it and want to pay the Tradesy price.  Regardless of having an Ebay listing that is now closed, the agent should not be able to look up that previous listing when the buyer did not checkout on Ebay.  This is a completely seperate and different transaction and the buyer and agent cannot reference previousu Ebay and PayPal connections to direct me to offer a refund if I have it on Paypal.  The buyer sending a direct payment enters into my terms not whatever is on Ebay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.