Does Paypal have a referral program or affiliate program?

mamasaba
New Community Member

Does Paypal have a referral program or affiliate program? If so how do I access it.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

mamasaba -

Welcome to the Community!

PayPal does not have a referral program for new merchants, although we used to awhile back.  Can you tell us more about what exactly you had in mind? Sometimes referral or associate programs can have a few different meanings.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

nitu_gkp
Contributor
Contributor

I was also having referral link earlier and I really want it. I would like to refer this to my close friends as they are looking for online business.

Please help me and let me know how I can refer my PayPal ID to my friends.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi nitu_gkp!

PayPal does not have a referral program for new merchants, although we used to awhile back.  If your friends would like to use PayPal, all they need to do is go to https://www.paypal.com and click on "Sign Up."  

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

nitu_gkp
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to convince them to start using PayPal. But if I don't have any benefits, why I should put any extra effort. I wanted to tell you that I am not a new merchant and I should have been faciliated to use referral program. I have been a user of Paypal for almost 2 years.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

nitu_gkp -

Thank you for your continued patronage!  We value all of our merchants, whether they've been with us for 2 or 12 years, and it's your continued usage that makes PayPal valuable to everyone involved. 

I had asked myself the same question when the referral program was discontinued.  I've been sending individuals to PayPal over the last ten years, since even before I was employed with them, and was just starting out on eBay.  While you may not receive a direct, monetary benefit from referring someone to PayPal, ultimately the larger member base you create the greater your potential to earn.  Whether you encourage a merchant or a buyer to use PayPal, ultimately you increase your profitability.  Merchants attract buyers, and buyers attract merchants.  More of your associates on PayPal only benefits every person who uses the service, and in more ways than just this.  That's my personal take on it, in any event.

Take care, and thanks again!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.