Buy Now button with varying prices

HBBA
New Community Member

I'm setting up a feature on a clients site where their members can register for events. Is there a way to have a Buy Now button that can have varying prices? There are several chapters in this organization that can each do the events and each one will have a different price. Is there a way I can pass this info along in the form in any way?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you can use the online button creator to generate a Buy Now with up to 10 different prices and two text input boxes.  If you need additional prices and/or text input boxes, then you would need to manually code your item button.

See this info to get started:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/get-started/buy-now-button

Login to Me Too

Shakka01
New Community Member

Hello Snowshoe,

I am in the beginning stages of creating a website  Can you tell me if the button created in the link that you provided can be added to a website that does not use a payment gateway or shopping cart such as BigCommerce?  I would like to use Paypal at the beginning before investing in a larger, more costly solution.  

Tahnk you!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If your needs are basic, PayPal's item button code is perfect.  With the help of the online button creator you can generate the code you need.  

Should you desire more flexibility, customization or need a function not provided the Online Button Creator, your option is the use of "non-hosted" or "non-encrypted" code.   Listed below are a few reasons for using "non-hosted" item button code.

• You want to include java scripts for calculations or options.
  • You want to pre-populate the PayPal Screens.
  • You need to dynamically change specific variables such as the "amount" value.
  • Need to create a lot of similar buttons using copy and paste.
  • Need more that a 1,000 saved item code buttons.
  • Require more than 10 drop-down menu price/options for Add to Cart, Buy Now or Subscriptions.
  • Require more than 10 drop-down menu selections for Add to Cart, Buy Now or Subscriptions.
  • Require more than 2 text field inputs for Add to Cart or Buy Now.
  • Require more than 1 text field inputs for Subscriptions.
  • Need quantity input or quantity selection options on your web page.
  • Need amount input or amount selection options on your web page.
  • Need check boxes.
  • Need radio buttons.
  • Need to customize Subscription Buttons, i.e., include a free gift, etc.
  • Need to customize Donation Buttons, i.e., add additional text input boxes, check boxes or radio buttons.
  • Need a Text/Email or Hyperlink.
  • Need to setup button templates.

To save coding time, you can use the Online Button Creator to generate a starting point.   Here's how:
*   First, start with a new item button.
*   "Uncheck" the option for "Save Button At PayPal" in Step 2.
*   After you "Create" the button code, in the window that displays the code look for the link that says "Remove Code Protection".   Select this link.   Your code is now ready for customization.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.