Business Account Setup Never Complete?

GKMasterson
New Community Member

I've gone through all of the steps to set up my business account and have accepted every payment method (website -- integrate the buttons myself, invoice, in person, and on eBay) but it still keeps prompting me to finish setting up my account. This is a little crazy. What do I need to do to finish setting this up?

Thanks!

-- G.K.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

flintzstoned76
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue have u figured it out yet?

Login to Me Too

RKSE
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here.

PayPal did not respond to a support email I sent about it. 

Login to Me Too

kisler
New Community Member

Same error, I have clicked on every button  and cannot seem to get rid of the finish setup LARGE BANNER on main page.

Please reply to us.

Login to Me Too

Theordore
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, and I tried to start a thread about the matter, and my message has gone off into " the ether"..  Under "How would you like to get paid?"  I have two notices saying "Setup in progress"; but as far as I can see I have done all there is to do on that "Payment setup" page.

It looks like a program bug, and there have been enough complaints now that you can bet the engineers are trying hard to track down why it is happening.

I am going to have a friend buy something from my web page and try to pay for it via PayPal, to see if my business account (incl. the payment handling procedure) is in fact working, despite the "Setup in progress" notice.

BTW -- there is one definite user-interface design error on that page.  If anything is causing the setup to be incomplete there should be a message telling you what's not completed, or completed incorrectly, and what you should try to do. At this point there is absolutely nothing of that sort at that page -- i.e. no guidance. 

Login to Me Too

M60trader
New Community Member

I keep experiencing the very same problem.All the correct information is entered but just goes back to before.......asking me to complete setup.It's very frustrating and as my business is new I don't want it to slow things down for me.

Hope they get it sorted soon.

Login to Me Too

Theordore
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, this thread started back in May of 2015!  Either the problem is very deep in their software and really hard to track, or hey have given fixing this a low priority.  They do have an extremely complex software network now, including delegating a good part of the customer response to computers!!

The other hard part is that if actually get to talk to a human being the chances that they will have a clue on what to tell you will not be good. So, do try my planned route: get someone not at your IP address to try and buy something at your business site and see if the whole process works. I myself will report at this thread when I do that experiment.

Login to Me Too

Sydney17
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone figure this out?

I am getting the exact same problem... huge banner asking me to continue setting me business account up so that the money can 'start to roll in.'

I am worried my e-commerce website (that has just launched) isn't actually able to recieve payments because the account thinks it hasn't finished setting up!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.