Account At minus

Ciaran028
New Community Member

So I Recently sold an item on ebay for £2,399.

I was selling it on behalf of someone I found on a freelancing website.

Sounded great when I sold it.

Everything was so smooth.

Item was bought, I transferred the money to my bank account, then transferred it on to the bank account I was given by the guy that gave me the job. I have the details.

Now the buyer has said that the item wasnt delivered. The guy is saying it was delivered by himself, we have no proof of postage.

The buyer is located in Pakistan, but he specified an address in Birmingham for delivery.

So PayPal awarded the buyer with a full refund.

Now my account is -£2399,

When do I have to pay this back by?

Can I repay in installments? I dont have £2500 in any account to pay for it immediately.

Will I ever get the money back?

Thanks to anyone who can get me a resolution on this situation.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ciaran028

Sounds as if you were taken in by a scammer, why on earth would you accept money for someone else and take responsibility for an item that was not yours??  Smiley Surprised

As for paying it back i have no idea what time paypal give you but i am sure if you phoned them you could work something out with them.

I volunteer my time on here to help you, so leaving kudos or marking one of my posts as a "solution" would be appreciated.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.