1099-K from AMEX in the mail?

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Should I be receiving a separate 1099-K from American Express in addition to my Paypal 1099-K?

I only use PP to process all credit card transactions.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Finally resolved - they were PP transactions from Oct., I can only speculate that that was when PP was having troubles transitioning to the new site & I had to reset something in my account (can't recall what). AMEX was able to give me the indivdual transaction dates & amounts & they match up with transactions processed through PP so no fraud.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Called AMEX & PP - seems to be a glitch, they don't know why they sent it, it is less than the $20K or 200 transactions, only for a couple of transactions in Oct. that were processed by PP.

I was just worried it was a fraud acct.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Foxprints
Contributor
Contributor

Finally resolved - they were PP transactions from Oct., I can only speculate that that was when PP was having troubles transitioning to the new site & I had to reset something in my account (can't recall what). AMEX was able to give me the indivdual transaction dates & amounts & they match up with transactions processed through PP so no fraud.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I get a 1099k from FirstData where I have an account; it is sent for any and all transactions processed through FirstData, no minimum hurdle.

What matters is that all of your gross receipts for your business is at least equal to all of your gross receipts from all of your credit card services.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.