Has Customer Support ceased to exist?

cjmphotog
Contributor
Contributor

On Sunday June 5th I purchased a high value item on eBay. Before attempting payment with my CC, I waited until Monday June 6th to call my bank and pre-authorize payment so there wouldn't be any issues. When I attempted to pay for the item using my CC through eBay's system I immediately received an error message saying the payment method was unavailable. I contacted eBay Customer Support, and was told PayPal had blocked the transaction because of "suspicious activity" on my account. They said I would have to contact PP directly to release the hold.

When logging into my PP account I encountered a message saying my account had been restricted and I would have to complete a 2 step verification process. I completed step 1 without a hitch, but step 2 required that I verify my CC with them before proceeding. Problem is whenever I try to follow their prompt to verify the card, I receive another error saying "The Credit Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable." I've been receiving the same message since Monday.

I've tried every possible method of communication to try and reach someone in Customer Support who can help. I called their number on two different days and was on hold for 4 hours the first day, 2 hours the next. I tried sending an email on Tuesday the 7th, never received a response, then on Thursday the 9th I received an automated PP email requesting feedback for my "recent customer service experience" with their email support team. I even tried sending a private message through their Facebook page, which has yet to be answered (that was 3 days ago). At this point I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to reach someone who can help.

Right now my account is locked and all but useless. I can't make payments or purchases, nor can I withdraw the money from my recent eBay sales. PayPal has suddenly turned from a convenient payment processor into a nebulous black box with my money in it. I'm at my wits end and I have no idea what else to do. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cjmphotog

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.