Fiji & PayPal Shopping Carts

idash
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal US support referred me to here to potentially get help on this question...

We have a potential customer (we are a fulfillment company) who lives in Fiji and wants to sell in the US (where we are). We have a shopping cart that they want to use, and that cart ONLY uses PayPal Hosted Payments, PayPal with Referenced Transactions and PayPal without Referenced Transactions.

They can not create a US account since they are in Fiji... They are being told that they do not have access to the merchant products that we utilize to process payments through PayPal because they are not in the US...

This seems odd...

Does anyone know of a merchant product that they can get, via an account from Fiji, that would then give them the credentials we would need to process payments through our shopping cart system here in the US? Or, is there a request that they must make to get something turned on for their account that then allows them access?

I appreciate the help and creativity! Rodger

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why would PayPal's answer be odd though. There are a lot of things involved to do this, one would imagine, including this company having to have a presence in the US.  And tax, banking laws and regulations, jurisdiction to adhere to.  I mean can one just sign up and it's good to go...nah. Smiley Happy

As far as Reference Transactions go, this might be of interest in terms of requirements:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/faq/paypal-reference-transactions/#section-2

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

idash
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks...

Any info on hosted payments that you know of?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.