Why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payments?

ericvstr
Contributor
Contributor

As pointed out in this topic (which is marked as solved, but it isn't, therefore a new topic):

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Why-is-Paypal-suddenly-NOT-allowing-Instant-Bank...

on almost all the online 'shops' and other Paypal-enabled sites I use, only credit card payments are allowed. I don't have a creditcard and therefore use Paypal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

buffygirl

Right, so, I got an email from PayPal that said:

-------------

You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal account. Your bank declined the funds transfer on Nov 18, 2011. We have charged your credit card, which you choose as your backup funding source, to complete your payment to (vendor at blah.com)

-------------

This has never happened to me before. Like others in this topic, I have used PayPal with great frequency at Ebay and other vendors over many years (in particular, many times in October 2011 as I got my Halloween costume stuff), and this has never happened. My credit card info is totally up to date. I don’t even know what a "delayed bank transfer" is. Now suddenly, I get this problem.

Also, I am not Canadian, so we can't use that as an exclusionary factor.

My backup cc was successfully charged, and as far as I know, my ebay seller is none the wiser (i.e. I think for the seller, it went off without a hitch.)

Prior to this issue, my last purchase was 10/20/11, in case that helps anyone in terms of timing. Although it appears that for some people, this problem began as early as 9/2/2011.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.