Why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payments for Ebay auctions?

glo1
Contributor
Contributor

So  - why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payment for Ebay auctions?  I have used this method for a long time -- and also sometimes pay with my back-up funding source credit card.  All accounts are in good standing, however, today Paypal will NOT let me use the Instant Bank Transfer option to pay for Ebay auctions.   I am very aggravated  with this -- as I do not want to put payment on a credit card and I do not want to wait several days for an E-check to clear, either.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what's going on?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

ericvstr
Contributor
Contributor

And... why is this listed under 'solutions'? It clearly isn't solved!

Login to Me Too

sunshine777
Contributor
Contributor
Do we need to start a new topic? Because here it seems we are not gonna get an answer...I was on the phone with paypal rep. for 50 min, then her supervisor, and the escalated but no answer after 15 min wait.
Login to Me Too

Poonti
Contributor
Contributor

How thickheaded can the PayPal staff truly be? There are only 3 topics getting the attention of this forum, all with problems that stop users from making purchases and yet the staff doesn't do ANYTHING. How hard can it be? It's YOUR company. Not ours. How can you tell me "There's nothing we can do about it, it's the systems security measures"? My god..

Login to Me Too

babycat90
Contributor
Contributor

just auctions like when you bid mine wont for both its issues with the payments still hapening now lol i told them why but got no thanks yet 

is because the bank and the crad uses same sort code so if paying and it acesses both part or all bounces to and fro from sellers bank to yours then back to ppal then fails

Login to Me Too

ericvstr
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone with the helpdesk. I think I have the 'solution' (but time will tell): apparently I've made to many 'delayed bank transfers' (don't know exactly how they're called in English) and so my security-settings are now set to only accept credit card payments. The advice from the helpdesk is to transfer money directly to my Paypal-account, make some online payments with that, and probably after some time, the security-settings will be lowered then (because I build 'trust' with the automated system) and instant bank transfers will be possible again.

Login to Me Too

izzabell
Contributor
Contributor

After years of flawless payments, suddenly my bank payments are taking 3-8 days. Called PayPal and was told the seller needed to contact paypal - that the instant option was not available by them.  The seller told me she sells everyday and has not had this problem. I don't know what to do - and I'm MAD

Login to Me Too

It's hopeless and useless to try to call paypal help desk. Let me repeat that its a total complete waste of your time and energy. They won't do a single thing about it. They will tell you exactly this................It's our dynamic security system. Really? Thats the help they are willing to give, thats it, nothing more. There is no one there that can change anything.........why they have a help desk in the first place is beyond me. I bought a pair of shoes some while ago with a different account and they were knock offs and was told to get a letter from police and a letter from someone who sells those shoes (i live in a small town and no one seels anything like that which is the reason i bought them online) and then I pay to ship them back to seller and then wait 60 days for my money are you kidding me?? I have everything on my account that i need to make the stupid purchases and I have have cc back up and I only have one pending transaction......not my fault paypal is so slow and its still pending. I dont wanna use my cc and pay even more service charges since I'm already paying them with paypal. It seems to be mostly canadians whom have this problem. I wonder who to talk to about paypals system discriminating against canadians? There are other services out there like money bookers and this stuff never happens with them so as soon as my one transaction clears I'm going to close my paypal account and go somewhere that I can actually do what I want. They also tell you transfer money direct into your paypal account and guess what happens when you don't use it?? They donate it to charity. Nice doing business with you paypal but after reading these forums I have decided to take my business elsewhere. What a bunch of jack @sses

Login to Me Too

JamDot331
Contributor
Contributor

I ship immediately items I have sold. Why does PayPal hold my money???

Login to Me Too

pallyg
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I have sold several items on Ebay in the last week.  All was going well until 11/2.  Now none of the payments my buyers send me will clear PayPal.  What the F*** is going on?  I have NEVER had this happen before and I have been selling on Ebay for many years.  All of the puchase statuses say "Payment being processed thru PayPal".  One of them has said that for 6 days now.  Do I feel another class action suit in the works????  This is such **bleep**?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.