Why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payments for Ebay auctions?

glo1
Contributor
Contributor

So  - why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payment for Ebay auctions?  I have used this method for a long time -- and also sometimes pay with my back-up funding source credit card.  All accounts are in good standing, however, today Paypal will NOT let me use the Instant Bank Transfer option to pay for Ebay auctions.   I am very aggravated  with this -- as I do not want to put payment on a credit card and I do not want to wait several days for an E-check to clear, either.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what's going on?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

ktate
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue...unable to make instant transfer from bank account.  I have two backup sources confirmed in my profile.  Aggravating!

Login to Me Too

bhbandit57
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, same issue. Come on guys, get it working again please

Login to Me Too

EcoMind
New Community Member

Just happened to me too, when trying to send funds to family.  Infuriating to try and actually contact PayPal.  Sarah is obviously less than human, regurgitating the same phrase repeatedly and unable to analyze anything.  And the "contact" info simply takes me to a field, where I am to enter a question.  Problem is, it doesn't allow my mouse to click on the field to enter the question.  Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

sunshine777
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. 

I just had to pay a bunch of fees because of whatever is causing paypal to not allow bank transactions. 

Very frustrating. 

If I wish to spend time and energy dealing with phone customer service I would not be using PayPal in the first place. 

No way. 

Login to Me Too

keithl334

I 110% agree!!!! This is uncalled for. I also have an issue where PayPal is holding a payment on an issue that has been resolved a week ago.   It is causing me to have a negative balance in PayPal & I have backup payment options on my profile. Also, I haven't been able to print shipping labels since Thursday, 10/13/11. This is going to cause a lot of merchants to receive negative feedback in eBay, therefore resulting in loss of customers & money!!!

These issues have been going on too long!!!  PayPal needs to get their act together & get this fixed, LIKE YESTERDAY!!!!! PayPal should have to reimburse us some way for all of this mess!@!!

Login to Me Too

ericvstr
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here with almost all my purchases (I don't even have a creditcard). I have the feeling that the 'shops' that use Paypal must allow other payments than creditcards such as Bank Transfers. Is this true? In that case Paypal might have forgotten to tell them.

Login to Me Too

Poonti
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't work for me either, and the phone representatives say there's nothing they know and nothing that they can do about it. How **bleep**ing useful. It's been a week, and it's getting really annoying.

Login to Me Too

Jenshaw35
New Community Member

rhetlyn
Contributor
Contributor

They are holding money for every reason they can think of.  I bet Paypal has the instant transfer, just not posting it.  Therefore they can continue to collect interest on funds they are holding.  I am getting very disturbed.  I was here for the last class action suit.

Login to Me Too

ericvstr
Contributor
Contributor

And... why is Paypal responding so slow to these kind of complaints? Maybe too busy with the whole O-0 problem freezing up Outlook? Is it part of the same not so clever 'coding'? Or are they all on Blackberry and situated in Europe (for almost a week the Blackberry-network was down overhere)...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.