Why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payments for Ebay auctions?

glo1
Contributor
Contributor

So  - why is Paypal suddenly NOT allowing Instant Bank Transfer payment for Ebay auctions?  I have used this method for a long time -- and also sometimes pay with my back-up funding source credit card.  All accounts are in good standing, however, today Paypal will NOT let me use the Instant Bank Transfer option to pay for Ebay auctions.   I am very aggravated  with this -- as I do not want to put payment on a credit card and I do not want to wait several days for an E-check to clear, either.  Has anyone else had this problem or know what's going on?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

itstoritrick
New Community Member

i'm trying to make a payment on a prepaid america express gift card and it's still asking me for my bank account. It's really making me mad now, why can't i just pay the price and be done with it?

Login to Me Too

bhbandit57
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry palpay Andy, not solved, not solved at all. Card is good and have no pending charges. Try again

Login to Me Too

kcnativnla
Contributor
Contributor

With all due respect "PayPal Andy", that's bull.  I have been a PayPal user for years.  I have over 125 transactions without ONE negative feedback.  I checked, and according to PayPal's own website, there are NO restrictions on my account.  None of your conditions are true for me, and many of the people who are complaining here. 

Millions of transactions occur every day on ebay and other sources.  Paypal must think that their customers are so stupid that we don't understand that PayPal is profiting from holding our money in interest accounts for 21 days, then skimming off that interest before forwarding that money.  That's despicable, and your company should really be ashamed of themselves.  But...of course they aren't.  It's all about the bottom line though, isn't it?  Well, as transactions go down as most people find other sources to sell the stuff they don't want (Amazon, Craigslist, etc), your bottom line is going to suffer.  That's business 101, my friend.  A course your company's drivers obviously skipped.

Login to Me Too

gatekeeper1962
Contributor
Contributor

I have been buying on Ebay thru PayPal for over a year paying with bank transfer and never had any trouble but a few days agoI added my credit card & I tried to pay for a $60.00 purchase and I kept getting the payment can't be processed message. I checked with my bank they said they had not denied charge. In fact they had not even received a request for a charge. On my 6th attempt, the charge went thru on my credit card but when I tried to pay $20.19 charge today I got the payment can not be processed on both my cc & my bank transfer. I contacted PayPal and they told me there was no request charge sent to them and they had not denied any charges for me. They said it was an Ebay internal error message. The problem is Ebay not Paypal or your bank.

Login to Me Too

babycat90
Contributor
Contributor

ive been getting transfers for a few week or two now but today was the day a echeck instant bank transfer was to go through so now its using that it may be taking the money from your bank rather then card and this why it is not saying transfer anymore is your bank your 2nd source fund or first like mine with card connected?

Login to Me Too

tyreke88
New Community Member

How can I reach customer service?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi tyreke88, and welcome to the forums!

To reach Customer Solutions, you can log into your PayPal account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. You'll be offered options to get the phone number, or to send email through the webform after choosing a topic and subtopic for proper routing.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

athens
New Community Member

Why can't I pay for my purchased items today with pay pal.  this has never happened before...I get to the end and it wont go through....What is up? curious.

Login to Me Too

scosby
New Community Member

This is happening to me, too, with none of the issues noted by the moderator either.  Why would I use PayPal for a credit card transaction when I could just use my credit card directly?  The whole point of the PayPal service is to provide bank transfers.  This is very annoying. 

Login to Me Too

THIRDSTONE
Contributor
Contributor

I already made another post on this before I saw this one.  Within the past several days, I also can no longer make payments using paypal like I have been doing.  Now I keep getting asked to supply a credit card number, what is up with that?  I have never had this problem in the past.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.