Shipping/Tracking information NOT being updated to Paypal from eBay

rachelnine
Contributor
Contributor

When I print my shipping labels in eBay, the tracking information etc., is not uploading/updating to Paypal!

This has been OVER a month now! I have reported this issue 3 times. Has anyone heard when this will be fixed!?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

lourash70
Contributor
Contributor

I have 2 items that have been delivered, tracking information was entered and accepted into paypal, the feedback was left immediately and I'm STILL waiting on my funds.  I have ebay transactions to pay and don't understand why my funds are being held when all the proof is there. Can someone help me? 

Login to Me Too

Wolfsinger
Contributor
Contributor

Well, its good to know its NOT just me I guess, but this still needs to be fixed ASAP.  I, too, was one of the "lucky" ones that started getting getting a hold on payements despite having 100% feedback as well.  The hold policy states PayPal will release the funds on shipping purchased through eBay, but I'm finding thats NOT the case if the tracking number isn't filled in automatically.  Even if I type the tracking number in manually (which is a major PITA trying to go back and match up the sale with eBay), the shipping funds aren't released.  So, now not only are you holding my funds, I have to keep a buffer on my account to cover shipping because of this.

I'll say it again:  PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.   Smiley Surprised

Login to Me Too

mylord76
Contributor
Contributor

What really urks me is if you don't have a paypal account you pretty much can't sell on ebay. This is a monopoly. They are holding lots of my money  even though I put in my tracking #'s. I am appauld at this because the funds won't be released until 2 weeks after I shipped my items.

I think they have alot of nerve doing this with our money when you did what was right by shipping the product. If the client decides not to leave you good feedback then you have to wait even longer for your money. I have sent my clients an email asking them to please be courteous upon arrival of their package to please leave me feedback and they don't. So the wait begins.

I believe they fixed my problem in fixing my tracking to appear on paypal when done manually.

God Bless

@Wolfsinger wrote:

Well, its good to know its NOT just me I guess, but this still needs to be fixed ASAP.  I, too, was one of the "lucky" ones that started getting getting a hold on payements despite having 100% feedback as well.  The hold policy states PayPal will release the funds on shipping purchased through eBay, but I'm finding thats NOT the case if the tracking number isn't filled in automatically.  Even if I type the tracking number in manually (which is a major PITA trying to go back and match up the sale with eBay), the shipping funds aren't released.  So, now not only are you holding my funds, I have to keep a buffer on my account to cover shipping because of this.

@Wolfsinger wrote:

Login to Me Too

mossclonkey
New Community Member

You are definitely not alone and the lack of tracking numbers is costing us money and time.  I don't know about you but typing in all those numbers is more than a bit taxing.  Hope they get this cleared up soon especially when items that were purchased disappear off Ebay randomly at times making it impossible to find the tracking information if it isn't backed up on Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

exoticona
Contributor
Contributor

Now..After going directly to PayPal to print off their website the shipping labels the blame is now that the Post Office isn't updating the tracking information. Evidently, Post Offices only do this certain times when they have the manpower. It is a horrible business practice. What irks me more, is PayPal and Ebay expect perfect high standards, but how is one able to ship out, and buy packaging materials if our funds are on hold? It doesn't make logical sense. And I don't care a hoot that Elton Musk founder and CEO of PayPal  is a wiz at economics and the founder of PayPal. He went bankrupt last year, and I have a feeling we are paying for his mistakes. He was saved by some friends and invested in Tesla cars, and now is back on top. So why are us( peons) having to wait for our money that is being held in the cloud? The buyers have paid, and received their goods. Also..I have noticed the rules are changing all the time, and someone even hacks into the rules. Ebay changes their evaluation dates. Now the roll over is one has annual dsrs that are low is a month after the evaluation. Not the month the evaluation had the roll off. So ebay gets an extra month of holding money which can be invested by PayPal into venture capital companies, and we don't get interest for the hold. Remember the money market fund PayPal used to have? We'll that's no-longer. So it is blatantly obvious to all those who have MBA in Business. DUH????

Login to Me Too

rlouie6
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Except, someone just opened up a case saying they did not receive the package I sent them. I printed a shipping label with the tracking number and shipped the package with the label on it. However, the shipping information hasn't been updated at all. It just says I printed the label. This is serious because I can't prove that I shipped the package without the shipping status being updated!

Is there ANYTHING I can do? 

Login to Me Too

blondi372
New Community Member

I have the same problem as Rlouie. The person is saying they haven't received the merchandise and I cannot track it to tell them what is going on. If we provide a transaction id to you can you look it for me?

Login to Me Too

Wolfsinger
Contributor
Contributor

So, what's the status on getting this fixed? If anything, it's gotten WORSE.  Last week, about half of 15 shipments did automatically bring eBay shipping info over to PayPal.  The last 2 days, I've shipped over 20 items, and not a single one transferred over.

Login to Me Too

barneme

I purchased a shipping label through eBay and used PayPal to pay for it with the funds from the sell.  MY CHECKING ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED AND IT HAD A ZERO BALANCE SO I GOT AN OVERDRAFT FEE.  This has never happened before, I have always purchased shipping through eBay and it took money from my PayPal balance to pay for the shipping.  Needless to say I am **bleep** and if this is the way it's going to be I guess I'll be giving up on eBay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.