Problem with eBay Payment

PDurandjr
New Community Member

For some reason an old email address of mine got posted as the PayPal payment address for a recent item that I listed.  I didn't catch it in time and now the buyer has submitted payment to an old email address that I have no access to.  The PayPal transaction on eBay shows a status of pending.  What can I do to correct this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Call PayPal customer service... they *may* be able to add the old email address to your PayPal account.  If that's not possible, the buyer will need to cancel his payment.  You can then send the buyer a new invoice (Request Money tab) from your PayPal account.

To call PayPal, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and select the "Call Us" option to obtain a Web PIN number and the PayPal phone number for your account.

-Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If the buyer can't cancel the payment, then it will be automatically refunded in 30 days by paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

Call PayPal customer service... they *may* be able to add the old email address to your PayPal account.  If that's not possible, the buyer will need to cancel his payment.  You can then send the buyer a new invoice (Request Money tab) from your PayPal account.

To call PayPal, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal page and select the "Call Us" option to obtain a Web PIN number and the PayPal phone number for your account.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.