PayPal REFUSES to delete a bogus social security number

SlateCreekLodge
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal REFUSES to delete a bogus social security number that we put in to test the system, then we gave them the correct number. That number was the correct number and they said thank you but also said they would not take the other number off. We have asked PayPal to have their legal department talk to us, because it is illegal for them to store someone elses social security number in our account, AND MAKES NO SENSE.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Xray
Contributor
Contributor

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@SlateCreekLodge wrote:

PayPal REFUSES to delete a bogus social security number that we put in to test the system, then we gave them the correct number. That number was the correct number and they said thank you but also said they would not take the other number off. We have asked PayPal to have their legal department talk to us, because it is illegal for them to store someone elses social security number in our account, AND MAKES NO SENSE.

So you want paypal to remove a so called bogus Social Security number that you put in Paypal to ""TEST" the system.

Then you say

"We have asked PayPal to have their legal department talk to us, because it is illegal for them to store someone elses social security number in our account, AND MAKES NO SENSE.

No its more like what you did was illegal, you used a ssn that wasn't yours.

So in the future when the holder of that ss number does a credit check and sees Paypal on there credit history, they can call their local LE and file a stolen Identiy theft report.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello SlateCreekLodge,

Welcome to the Forums.

If you have an incorrect SSN # on your PayPal account you would want to get the correct SSN# added. I would contact PayPal again and let them know what happened and ask them for the fax number to fax the proper documents to be reviewed and the correct SSN# added to the PayPal account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

SlateCreekLodge
Contributor
Contributor

We did contact them and they would not remove the SS number, they said that it will always stay on file, What is that all about.,

Login to Me Too

SlateCreekLodge
Contributor
Contributor

WE did get the fax number and sent the correct number and it was then, that we asked them to remove the old number and they said that they would not.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi SlateCreekLodge,

If the SSN has been changed, then the new one replaces the old one. The old SSN will be removed and the new one added. If you have added an EIN, that will not replace the SSN.

I recommend never adding inaccurate information, even for the purposes of testing.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Draeger_Vinyl
Contributor
Contributor

Kudos Olivia,  great answer - was to the point, friendly and informative.  Was going to post but you covered it all...Great!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.