How it Works - New to Ebay/PayPal

salada
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,  can someone explain how the cycle works.  I'm new to Ebay selling but have used PayPal to buy stuff over the years.  When someone buys from me in Ebay, they use my PP account to deposit the funds. Does that then go directly into my link bank checking account? Immediately, 3 days never etc? So if it does I should see a $ deposit in my bank account yes? 

So if I buy something from somewhere I should then see a withdrawal from my bank account, yes?  PayPal is just the middleman between seller and buyer is that correct?

Just want to understand the process a bit better so I know what to expect in  my bank account.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When a buyer sends you a PayPal payment, the net payment amount (gross payment minus fees) will be deposited in your PayPal account.  As a new seller, the payment may be subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold Policy, and... if that is the case, the payment will be added to your pending PayPal account balance.

After the payment is released, it will be transferred from your pending account balance to your available account balance, and... you can then click on the "Withdraw" tab to initiate the transfer of your available balance to your bank account.

The transfer to your bank account is not automatic... you will need to initiate the transfer by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking on the "Withdraw" tab.

It generally takes 3-5 business days for the withdrawn funds to be credited to your bank account.

-Sandy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

When a buyer sends you a PayPal payment, the net payment amount (gross payment minus fees) will be deposited in your PayPal account.  As a new seller, the payment may be subject to the 21-day eBay Item Hold Policy, and... if that is the case, the payment will be added to your pending PayPal account balance.

After the payment is released, it will be transferred from your pending account balance to your available account balance, and... you can then click on the "Withdraw" tab to initiate the transfer of your available balance to your bank account.

The transfer to your bank account is not automatic... you will need to initiate the transfer by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking on the "Withdraw" tab.

It generally takes 3-5 business days for the withdrawn funds to be credited to your bank account.

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

salada
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thank you so much. This is exactly the kind of explanation I needed. Did realize I had to "withdraw" the funds and put them into my bank account! Great info!  

Thank you so much Sandy!! Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

tarob114
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.