How can I PROSECUTE someone that filed a false report/dispute against me?

SignThis
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I sold some Yugio (collector) cards for my grandson on eBay. After there were initially no takers, my daughter's boyfriend offered the kid $10. He had no desire for the cards, just a nice think to do. Long story short: Things went south in my relationship with my daughter & him. She and the boyfriend vindictively started making all kinds of false allegations against me. They filed a false child abuse report with the Florida Dept Of Children & Families (I have custody of her kids; long story- good reasons), filed a false report with EBay & a false report ("item not received") with Paypal. All of these cases are closed in MY favor BUT:

I'm prosecuting him for filing a false report of child abuse at the state level; HOW DO I PROSECUTE him for filing a false report with Paypal? Being a bank, Paypal is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission. I filed a complaint against him on the FTC's website but it-  A) Reads like they only deal with businesses, not individuals and B) Website says that THEY don't prosecute.

So.... How can I prosecute this guy???

Thanks- Dennis (eBay: "HoldTillY2k").

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

HOW DO I PROSECUTE him for filing a false report with Paypal? Being a bank, Paypal is overseen by the Federal Trade Commission. I filed a complaint against him on the FTC's website but it-  A) Reads like they only deal with businesses, not individuals and B) Website says that THEY don't prosecute.

So.... How can I prosecute this guy???

Thanks- Dennis (eBay: "HoldTillY2k").

Prosecution has to do with the court system

You don't prosecute...only the DA or Attorney General office can Prosecute some one.

You said that they filed a complaint with Paypal and that Paypal ruled in your favor, the complaint is in their history and after so many complaints paypal may suspend them.

Login to Me Too

I3ongwat3r
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

*Thumbs up to profdata

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.