HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

editor_beth
Contributor
Contributor

i meet all those requirements and I STILL have a 21 day hold. there's gotta be something else besides the fact that paypal is STUPID

Login to Me Too

arinthia28
Contributor
Contributor

I agree they are doing the same thing to me. first they wanted tracking numbers before releasing my money, which I id and I put up with it. Then they say 3 days after the buyer received the item and did not dispute the transaction. all of that has happened and I haven't seen any of my money. This is ridiculous and I am limiting my selling on ebay and use of paypal. I urge all who are affected by these new gestapo policies to do the same. obviously profit decline is the only thing that will get paypal to change back o where they were. no one can buy if no one sells and if no one sells there is no 3% commission plus listing fees for ebay/paypal

Login to Me Too

nicegirlsfakeit
Contributor
Contributor

Expecting a buyer to have a feedback score of 100 is garbage. Half of the people I sell to don't leave feed back and I'm not marketing my store as an actual store. I sell things that I dislike, no longer need, etc. I don't have items coming out of my ears that I want to get rid of. My husband has been a member for over 5 years and within the last month got a feedback score of 100. His money has never been held an additional time.

What is frustrating is that NOBODY within the company has a legitimate answer.  I don't have any negative feedback or disputes and nothing on my account changed. Now, randomly, the hold is back on. It's complete crap. 

Login to Me Too

lawyerjim
Contributor
Contributor

Today I pulled 4 items off of eBay (which always sell for over $300 each) and sent them and $3,000 of ither items to a consignment company.   They pay within 24 hours.  Maybe I will put more on eBay when PayPal lifts the hold again.

Login to Me Too

Colorfinger
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with Paypal over 10 years.  I have never had a claim and my Ebay has a score of 100.  I have a Paypal debit card which says it's for business.  Now, for no reason other than their own I have been told that I have to wait 21 days for money to be released to me.  In a business where people pay 50% down, which I use to pay for their materials, it is very necessary that I get payment up front.  Wow, what if I just got a vendor credit card instead?  I don't have to wait 21 days, I still get raked for the same rate of fees and I have access to my money.  Sams club makes it very easy for me to get one. Papal is getting too big for their britches.  I will no longer do any real business here...

Login to Me Too

dlimageworks
Contributor
Contributor

I got this 21 day hold email out of the blue last night... It was a suprise, because I have always kept everything up to date, have never had anything disputed (or disputed anything myself), PLUS, I don't even sell on ebay. I sell through a photography service that fulfills for me and releases the money AFTER product has been delivered and they have verified everything. I use paypal because it was easier and faster than having them cut a check... now Paypal wants to hold my money an additional 21 days after the funds have already been verified? And they won't tell me why? Nothing has changed to flag this on my account.

I love that I come to the forums because there doesn't seem to be anywhere to address this issue with Paypal and the only advice is from children squawking about the fact that we agreed to the user agreement and that we are all stupid.

Nice Paypal, nice.

Adios.

Login to Me Too

Colorfinger
Contributor
Contributor

Alertpay is known for better customer service.  They will listen to you.

Login to Me Too

Colorfinger
Contributor
Contributor

I'm moving to AlertPay... http://alertpay.com

Login to Me Too

mattr73
Contributor
Contributor

I just got the 21 day hold email, but the big problem is....I'm not selling anything on ebay right now, I just got a job writing online (yes it's a legitimate large company) and they pay by paypal. The first payment came in no problem, withdrew it, and now I get this email. It  says a lot about ebay, but I'm not really a seller. The question I have is...will all payments be subject to this hold, or just things that are sold? If it's everything then I'm **bleep**ed.

Login to Me Too

Caseyleighh
Contributor
Contributor

I just got off the phone with Oliver, a PP rep. He said the hold only applies to ebay transactions, and ebay will let you know ahead of time what part of the selling price will be held.....

I am a freelance writer, so I was worried about getting my payments from clients. Oliver said those payments aren't affected by the hold. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.