HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry kid, Them's the Rules!

Login to Me Too

King26
Contributor
Contributor

Are you even a mod? I want to talk to a mod who can look at my account and tell me what I did to be put on this. I'm a long time user of paypal. I've had NO problems. Yet now I can't get money that I rightfully earned for 21 days? Really?

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

No, I'm not a mod. I'm sorry you took offense to my joke.

Its not just you, but most anyone new to Paypal or those that sell in risky categories. I've been selling on eBay for over ten years and I still have to wait 21-days on some transactions. It has nothing to do with you. It has to do with selling products that have high street value or high desirability.

You're obviously upset and I'm sorry I can't help you.

Login to Me Too

marie2264
New Community Member

I've found that it's best to call Paypal directly and threaten to inform the BBB about them trying to steal YOUR money.  That BS about delivery confirmation and positive feedback are bunk.  They never release the holds when they say they will.

Login to Me Too

TekGems
Contributor
Contributor

> They never release the holds when they say they will.

That is a rather strong and incorrect statement to make in this situation.

Login to Me Too

madmac4
New Community Member

I Was having the same problem and they say because I am a new seller they can keep my money for up to 21 days.  Which I think stinks because I am having to pay for the shipping out of my pocket!

Login to Me Too

rangeland1
Contributor
Contributor

Same for me, plus when the release date comes for the money they still won't let it go.  I'm beginning to think PayPal is a scam. 

Login to Me Too

dj647
Contributor
Contributor

Wait...

The release day for your funds came and they didnt give it to you?

Login to Me Too

rangeland1
Contributor
Contributor

OKAY I GIVE!!   You happy now!  I have ended all Ebay sales, yes! deleted thousands of dollars of items as I have no way to pay for their shipping.  Paypal has held my money on past sales for 21 days "for their bottom line" and when the release date comes....guess what?  STILL NO MONEY!!!  So what I need to know is what is my best option for letting my customers know that I can not ship to them (due to go out today).  Just refund, or try to work it out with customer, out of this nightmare known as the Ebay/Paypal conspiracy.  PayPal, you are nobodies "pal".

Login to Me Too

rangeland1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal....where do I begin?  No response to questions of help.  No response to anything, except you jumping on my money that is.  But when it's time to release "my money"  guess what?!  No response and no money.  I wanted to print labels for my shipment and then be able to afford to buy boxes and materials only.  Guess what....Paypal charged my credit card for the transaction and didn't touch my balance in Paypal.  This is called theft Paypal.  I say we all get together and boycott Paypal/Ebay NOW!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.