HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

bluntmanchronic
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Very original and insightful....

Also there is a spell check

Login to Me Too

kalajade88
Contributor
Contributor

No need for a "spell checki" they  made a good point and I got it!

Login to Me Too

mcliff68
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same situation. I am retired and at this time have lost my part time job that was helping to pay my bills since Social Security isn't nearly enough. I didn't do this to "fill my empty" days....I sold things on Ebay to make some money! This holding of funds has made it impossible for me to do that.  My biggest question is.....why didn't they hold my money on my first 7 sales and only started doing this on the 8th???? If there is a policy that says this is what they do then why isn't it being done to everyone ALL THE TIME??? This is all very upsetting and I will not just stand by and let this happen. I do agree with others that have posted here that we all need to get together and fight this. One more point.....I never linked my bank account to Paypal because of a bad experience I had with someone using my account (stealing my money) and Paypal never did anything to stop it! This was years ago but I learned my lesson then....guess I just learned another one. Good luck to you and to all of us but if we don't do something to change this then we all lose!

Login to Me Too

crbsvfr
New Community Member

Yes, I will go there, I have been a verified customer, both seller and buyer for over 10 years and eBay decides now to hold my funds? I have a 100% feedback. Their discretion is not the better part of valor. I will cease all activities with eBay and Paypal. I do believe that monopolization of business comes to mind and that, last time I checked is against the law in the U.S.

Cheers, you can keep the crap, I'll buy and sell elsewhere.

Login to Me Too

7yearseller
Contributor
Contributor

Note: The policy says "some" sellers. After 8 years,my $ is being held for 21 days plus 3 "to allow buyer to file a dispute".

Ridiculous!! Who is going to buy my items to sell if PP keeps the $ that long?

I believe this happened when a buyer "thought" I had not shipped.She just didn't read her email, then filed a claim because she saw I was out of town. PP tried to put a hold on funds that were not in PP or in my checking then. After 8 years, don't I have any rights since the buyer did rec.her item and closed the claim after 2 days???

Login to Me Too

Fortunately we the seller is the entity that has made Paypal what it is today. Unfortunately for Paypal we will make it harder for them to keep making it profitable, if they keep this hold on. I, and I am sure others will use other mediums such as Facebook, Twitter to let this be heard. Without customers you will fail.

Login to Me Too

Deadpool0108
Contributor
Contributor

This is what Im talking about! Its a **bleep** shame you cant get every seller or at the very least half the sellers on ebay to not list for a whole month.....Im fairly certain that would open some eyes

Login to Me Too

FRANKNTX
Contributor
Contributor

Keep drinking the Kool aide

This process and policy is Illegal and Unenforceable. NO BUSINESS can hold funds witout a valid and legal reason.

Remember items have been paid for, if there is fraud or abuse, it is PAYPAL and EBAY responsibility to prevent this on there service sites, thats why we go nad hope they PROTECY US thats why they get the big bucks.

Frankntx

Login to Me Too

dandir2
Contributor
Contributor

This is so very wrong! I also am on Social Security & started selling on eBay to make a little extra to get by since I have breast cancer & can not work now. It just is the craziest thing I have ever encountered in my years of working & dealing with business.

Login to Me Too

polachee
Contributor
Contributor

You must be employed by PP or ebay...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.