HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Djten wrote:

@fjp800 wrote:

I see that you are an advisor and I was wondering what qualifies you as an advisor?  How does PayPal choose an advisor  or are you an employee of PayPal?  Thanks

Never mind.. I just found out how... I  am now an Advisor too... It depends on the number of posts done.....

Dig this: I never said I was an advisor! Second, I meant what I said on a positive note. Third: and yes, I have not only been on this discussion board since about January but I've also read many of the links posted by people like Femsol and a couple of others. That's how I know things like Louis Viutton suing eBay. And eBay buying PayPal for a billion dollars! That's also how I knowabout countries like India and China not putting up with PayPal's nonsense! And fourth, I don't come off with negetive posts or ridicule anyone like Surplusdealdude and a couple of others who posted the same type of nonsense long before you started posting! And if you go back and read my previuos posts you'll find I make a lot of sense in the things that I say and don't ramble! Fifth, I had a store on eBay and pulled it off because of eBay and PayPal's foolishness, so I know what I'm talking about and I'm very much in the mix, my friend.

Match Point djten:)  I am not posting much anymore it is just too much.  Every few pages I still try to remind everyone new and old about the class action that has been filed and where to find the information  letssuepaypal.com and encourage them to add their name to the class.  Thanks for the mention--I still read the daily financials and legal issues and if I see anything of importance I will post the link but at this point it seems like we are back to January and you and I have both hung in there even though moving to other places to sell.  I just don't think people are interested in the back story or the news such as the case you sited with Louis Vuitton and I can understand that it is more important to have their funds released then to read the possible "whys". I think what I find interesting in these news and financial articles is the great deal of problems that eBay and PayPal have been experiencing internationally where the government banking systems have literally stopped PayPal such as in India and now Australia, Japan, Germany and the EU. 

Anyone intersted in reading more about eBay this link is updated continually regarding eBay's stock prices, financial news and other issues of interest.  It draws for legitimate news sources and posts it all together along with an archive. 

http://www.techinvestornews.com/eBay/page-one.html  The powers that be may change this link but coded the site is techinvestornews dot com / eBay / page - one. html

BTW their stock is down again today.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OMG--this just in!  

EBay Fails to Respond to Federal Suit from the Wall Street Journal

Good read for legal analysis and sums up many of eBay's legal issues and the happenings with paypal.

Recommend--especially you djten!

http://tinyurl.com/2eex6go

or

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2010/06/23/ebay-fails-to-respond-to-federal-suit/?utm_source=feedburner&...

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Femsol wrote:

OMG--this just in!  

EBay Fails to Respond to Federal Suit from the Wall Street Journal

Good read for legal analysis and sums up many of eBay's legal issues and the happenings with paypal.

Recommend--especially you djten!...........

Turns out that fjp800 was very harmless in their post. And I will definitely check that link out and give my feedback. But for now I guess it proves what we've been saying all along in that eBay and PayPal have completely crushed the concept of online buying and selling. But when you act like you're bigger than God............

Minor note: I get an online business tutorial link sent to me. And this piece said that many online businesses fail or don't really get off the ground because often times people don't do the proper research that's necessary to really get an online business into full swing. I know because I happen to be one those people.

Those commercials are very wrong! You can not just throw items onto a web page, a store or even an auction and expect the computer to do all the work. I'll try and see if I can paste that article in my next post. Just thought I'd throw that out there for everyone.

Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@Djten wrote:

@fjp800 wrote:

I see that you are an advisor and I was wondering what qualifies you as an advisor?  How does PayPal choose an advisor  or are you an employee of PayPal?  Thanks

Never mind.. I just found out how... I  am now an Advisor too... It depends on the number of posts done.....

Dig this: I never said I was an advisor! Second, I meant what I said on a positive note. Third: and yes, I have not only been on this discussion board since about January but I've also read many of the links posted by people like Femsol and a couple of others. That's how I know things like Louis Viutton suing eBay. And eBay buying PayPal for a billion dollars! That's also how I knowabout countries like India and China not putting up with PayPal's nonsense! And fourth, I don't come off with negetive posts or ridicule anyone like Surplusdealdude and a couple of others who posted the same type of nonsense long before you started posting! And if you go back and read my previuos posts you'll find I make a lot of sense in the things that I say and don't ramble! Fifth, I had a store on eBay and pulled it off because of eBay and PayPal's foolishness, so I know what I'm talking about and I'm very much in the mix, my friend.

Sorry to upset you.. It was not my intention.. I was just asking... Shortly afterwards I leaned how one becomes an advisor... If you look under the user ID you will see the word "advisor"  ..PS I agree with you in regards to e-bay and PayPal. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

fjp800 wrote:

Sorry to upset you.. It was not my intention.. I was just asking... Shortly afterwards I leaned how one becomes an advisor... If you look under the user ID you will see the word "advisor"  ..PS I agree with you in regards to e-bay and PayPal.

Very good. No harm, no foul. Like I said I've been on these discussion board for quite some time and you get these people who are new posters, and not quite familiar with all the details of this topsy-turvy and very sensitive topic. And they post these bizarre and inane comments! And you also have a couple of veteran posters with the same attitude.

But you seem to be sincere. And the reason this forum topic is so long (200+ pages) is because lots of people have been deeply hurt, upset and frustrated by this hold policy. Not to mention financially stranded! IT'S RIDICULOUS!!  I've read posts where folks couldn't buy Christmas gifts, pay their rent or even pay their college tuition!

When eBay and PayPal first started out it made online shopping fun and exciting. But since eBay incurred new leadership they have everything and everybody all twisted. So I'm glad we were able to clear up that misunderstanding.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Happy Friday all I just keep finding all kinds of news today about eBay.  Those looking for an Alternative to PayPal should check out this new company set up by VISA to rival PayPal.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/06/25/visa-starts-family-friendly-paypal-rival-called-payclick/

or try

http://tinyurl.com/26nbouc

always good to have several options and VISA is large enough to take on PayPal.

Login to Me Too

fjp800
Contributor
Contributor

@femsol wrote:

Happy Friday all I just keep finding all kinds of news today about eBay.  Those looking for an Alternative to PayPal should check out this new company set up by VISA to rival PayPal.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/06/25/visa-starts-family-friendly-paypal-rival-called-payclick/

or try

http://tinyurl.com/26nbouc

always good to have several options and VISA is large enough to take on PayPal.

I checked it out, but it is headquarted in Australia and I believe it is essentially for Buyers.  When you attempt to sign on its asks for an Australian bank account.  It would be great if Visa started a program in the US.  I send an e-mail to Payclick for additional information... Will keep you posted.

Login to Me Too

Soonergirl
Contributor
Contributor

I ship mostly to places outside of the US and the USPS does not update the tracking information for international packages unless the package is shipped via expedited or express mail.  The expedited/express option is very expensive and most buyers will not pay for this service.  There is no way for PayPal to verify via the USPS that a package has been delivered so I'm **bleep**ed regarding the "delivery confirmation" clause to release my funds.

Like others that have posted on this forum, I was laid off from corporate America and my eBay store is how I make my living.  How am I supposed to pay my bills and also pay for postage, buy supplies and restock my store while PayPal is holding my funds?

I'm considering dropping PayPal altogether but . . . will eBay start closing our stores if we don't use their paying service and/or we switch to another service (moneybookers, etc.)?  As I stated above, most of my sales are international and money orders will not work with my store.  I also have a ProPay account and only once has a buyer used this service.  Is there a way to have my buyers use ProPay rather than PayPal or do we always have to check that we take PayPal?

I called the number for the law firm in Chicago to add my name to the class action lawsuit.  Today is their 4th of July holiday and they are closed.  I left my name/number on their answering machine and hope to hear from them tomorrow.

The sellers lose again with this PayPal/eBay policy ~ we can't leave negative feedback for our buyers and now the buyers are getting the items we are selling, PayPal is collecting interest on OUR money and we have to wait and suffer before we get paid.  When does the PayPal/eBay madness end???

Login to Me Too

Dontlikeitman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also, if you relly want to get the word out there about the issue, tell everyone you know about it, if your in town and are talking to friends or friends and there friends, tell them. The more you tell people, the more the word will spread around and out wards and people will hear and check into it also and probably tell there friends like you did. You see all paypal is hurting really is just them selfs right now with there dow nright stupid hold policy that is which a down right joke. 

I also heard that the federal law is looking at paypal right now due to the hold funds policy that they are doing to people because it's a world wide issue they are doing which makes it a federal case, not to mention short of a internet fruad case also. Plus I also heard from a very relieable source that CNN was talking about the hold issue as well on tv. Plus I also read recent that there is afew lawsuits taken place now instead of just one.  

Paypal is kinda starting to fall, they wanted press, I guess they are getting press but not the kind I think they wanted though. 

I know when I first sign up for paypal back in the day, We didn't have the stupid hold policy at all and things was working smooth and people was all happy, people would win an item on ebay and send money and the seller got there money and ship the items out and the buyer got the items and everyone 95% of the time was always happy. Then paypal came along with the new heads of the company and they change things and the policys around  and now look at it, people are not happy with money is getting hold up for no reason at all, complaints are being filed, people are droping ebay because of paypal because of the policys that was changed. I know if I was signing up and seen the new parts they change I would drop paypal for ebay selling like a fly. What paypal need to wake up to is that they should take the hold fund policy down and go back to how they was in the old days where most of the people likeed paypal and using paypal for ebay stuff and sellers was also happy unless like what it is now and what it has become in the last the last 6 months. To the people at paypal, I really don't like to say this about you all, but you all have in the last 6 months have gotten worst instead of better, look at what all you have done so far to alot of good people. 

Login to Me Too

Soonergirl
Contributor
Contributor

I would love if someone (an advisor ~ femsol, Djten, etc.) would start a Facebook page regarding this and then we could tell all of our FB friends about the outrageous (and illegal) PayPal and eBay policies.  We could include the information regarding the class action lawsuit and how to get their name(s) on the list.  Any volunteers (I'll be happy to assist with the FB page)?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.