HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Unpleased wrote:

I agree,the sellers should demand that paypal not get their fee for 21 days!..

Absolute nonsense!! PayPal IS GOING to get their fees regardless. As long as you have an account with them whether it be ckecking, savings or both, they're going to get theirs.

Login to Me Too

tomg
Contributor
Contributor

It isn't so bad as all that granted some customers are hard to get feedback from even if they love your item, as the buyers do not understand this policy it isn't their fault and paypal is trying  to give buyers a warranty of good service ..

Better to not get ill feedback and wait for money !!! Just have to get ahead on stock so purchases are needed when money comes thru ....

Login to Me Too

omarws6
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on Ebay last week. The buyer recieved his item 4 days ago and my balace is still pending. How can I get my money?

Login to Me Too

Jyl
New Community Member

Funds on an auction item were to have been released on 3/31 but it appears that I criss-crossed the USPS tracking number with another item that closed at the same time. There has been no negative or positive feedback from the buyer at all. Could using the wrong tracking number have had an effect on the release. How do I remove it. Is there live customer service?

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Jyl wrote:

Funds on an auction item were to have been released on 3/31 but it appears that I criss-crossed the USPS tracking number with another item that closed at the same time. There has been no negative or positive feedback from the buyer at all. Could using the wrong tracking number have had an effect on the release. How do I remove it. Is there live customer service?

Yes, you can go ahead and give the correct tracking number to show good cause but PayPal & ebay are just going to **bleep** you anyway. People still haven't had their funds released even after the 21-day hold period. And from personal experience, emailing the buyer for positive feedback is a complete waste of time.

Login to Me Too

MarchMadness
Contributor
Contributor

Its been 22, yes thats right 22 days now. A day after the 21 that paypal is supposed to release my funds and guess what? My payment is still on hold. I shipped the item 2 weeks ago and feedback was left on my ebay account 2 weeks ago. I still didnt get my money from paypal after complying with their BS rules. But, I went ahead and said Ill just wait for the 21 days. Now its 22 days and I STILL DONT HAVE MY MONEY. Enough is enough!!! If anyone knows who I need to contact to get this fixed NOW please let me know. I would rather not get run around on their hotline that I imagine is automated and accomplishes nothing.

Login to Me Too

azg
Contributor
Contributor

My only solution for this is to stop using eBay and thus this Paypal runaround.  I'm also suffering from it and as a computer person I KNOW this could be automated.

Login to Me Too

SaintStryfe
Contributor
Contributor

This has really **bleep**ed up my weekend. I sold a Macbook on eBay, expecting to get the cash to turn it around and buy myself a new iMac. 

This hold thing has completely held that up. I shipped it at my own expense tonight. I put in the tracking number, but UPS doesn't have it in thier system yet. Regardless, the product won't get their until Tuesday, so they won't release it till next Friday, assuming all else goes right. Meaning no new computer during my week off.

What really gets me is the feedback thing. Apparently, despite not being given the item, they expect the buyer to "have them give feedback". And once they got it, it doesn't really matter then because it's only a matter of days! But if the buyer honors my request, how fast can I expect the money to be released so I can charge it on my Paypal Debit Card? Given the rest of my experience I should see icebergs in Central Park!

I'm very dissapointed in this change to paypal and I think I'll be canceling my account once this fiasco is over.

Login to Me Too

femsol
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good morning,

I have a good friend in Paris and she will quite often have her eBay purchases shipped to me and then I pack them into one and send them all at one time.  She always lets me know what purchases to expect and yesterday she forwarded a response from an eBay seller.  I found this interesting as eBAy/PayPal has put many in this position where we have to beg for feedback and our 5 stars.  Here is what the email stated:

Hello, Your package was shipped Wednesday,March 31.I hope you are pleased. Thank You so much for shopping with me! XXXXXXX
#03***************** estimated delivery date is 4/05/10
Although I have GREAT feedback my stars are in trouble.5* feedback is VERY important
I copied this truth from a website;
When you leave a Seller a 4 stars rating on eBay, you are leaving a FAIL rating .
When a Seller's average gets down to 4.6 eBay PUNISHES the Seller with HIGHER FEES for the next MONTH Additionally, eBay punishes the Seller in other ways, such as preventing the Seller's listings from coming up
in the search engine results.Account suspension.
This means fewer sales for that Seller 5 Stars = PASSING. 4 Stars = FAILING and the Seller is punished.If you want to HURT a Seller, leave him/her only a 4 Star rating in ANY of the categories.Do NOT use 1,2or3 stars unless you are SURE you really want to remove that Seller from eBay.

I am not sure if what this seller is saying is true but I  found this to be a degrading way to do business.  We are professionals, many selling on eBay for years and yet we have to disclose this information to a buyer.  Not sure I approve of the tactics used but I do believe Buyers need a better understanding of the holds being placed on the sellers.

Login to Me Too

zoeylynn
Contributor
Contributor

Oh all of that is true! and it is actually worse. if you buy something you can get something else free by telling e-bay it is not what you ordered and then tell paypal it is not right also they will pull your money back and give it back to the customer without ever asking what was wroing with it. I had a customer tell me he was going to get a item i had free or he would leave the kind of feedback i didnt want and e-bay said it wouldnt do anythingbecause he didnt leave the feedback and he could say anything he wanted. I refused to give it to him and he did leave the negative feedback and e-bay then told me he did nothing wrong I should have worked it out with him. so payapl give him his money back anc I lost the Item I sent him. Going to be hard to stay around with that going on !!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.