HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

Bacchus451
New Community Member

I have never before had a Paypal payment put on hold or under review due to my eBay rating. I have 50 feedback on eBay, only two of which are negative, over a six year span of time. The 2 negative feedback that were left I also disputed but never received any resolution from eBay about.

I did not sell my item so that Paypal could hold my money for me while the buyer gets to receive MY ITEM and **** around with it for some amount of time while they decide if they really want it or not. My page says that there are no refunds given as I cannot be gauranteed that any damage/complaints weren't caused by the buyer after they received it--such is the case with online sales.

If I had known that Paypal was going to take MY MONEY and hold it hostage, I would've have listed it as a viable payment source, and I won't again if this keeps up.

I need this money in order to pay rent, which is the reason I sold my X-Box to begin with, as I recently had some serious car trouble and have been set back quite a bit so that I can even continue going to work. My rent is due on the 7th, and I planned on using my Paypal debit card to withdraw, again, MY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT so that I can pay my rent.

I would like to request that this hold be removed from my account as soon as possible. The item is as described and will be shipped as soon as I am able, and within the shipment window provided on the listing. If you must, make this a one-time courtesy although please annotate it as such so that I can untick the 'pay with Paypal' button on future sales.

Thanks,
Rich

Login to Me Too

rookiemerchant
Contributor
Contributor

Having similar issues, paypal is selecting random payments, then holding them for day. 

Bad enough it takes them  to 3 days to get funds moved to by bank, now I am out the product, shipping costs and I have so idea when they plan to release MY money.

Any tips?

Login to Me Too

Me too 2nd time this year and i have NO i repeat NO claims against me or refunds and they still did it again for the 2ND time this year! 

Login to Me Too

Bulldawg
Contributor
Contributor

They holding part of one of my payments while allowing others in fact my last 4 to be immediately credited to my account.
has to be total bull s.

Login to Me Too

therattrodder
New Community Member

PayPal really doesn't care about your worries. If they did they'd never have enacted this BS policy.

Login to Me Too

rookiemerchant
Contributor
Contributor

I believe they are using the funds to generate interest income for themselves.  I am going to call a friend of mine at the FTC office in San Francisco, and ask him what he things about this.  This is total B.S.

Login to Me Too

breven
New Community Member

I agree. I sold some items on eBay due to be short some cash that i needed asap and paypal still hasnt given me my money. But i came out my pocket and shipeed the 2 items that ive sold. That was 5 days ago. i also am trying to ADD a bank account to my paypal and my bank still hasnt gotten the funds after 4 days. Is their any other way of buying on eBay and not using paypal? This is getting out of control. Ive sold and used paypal before and had no issue. My items are due to show up to the buyers houses tomorrow , while they enjoy their nice new phone , ill just waste my life checking my paypal and bank account hour on the hour to see if i got my money. Please paypal dont **bleep** over people that never gave you an issue. go look paypal , NO ISSUES IN THE PAT , so why would you hold my money? If you need money paypal just ask , i might let you borrow 50.00$ , but give me my money ASAP.

Login to Me Too

NWR_JDM
Contributor
Contributor

Who gives paypal the right to hold my funds that are legaly mine? This is bull***t  If i sell a product to a customer, I should have access to my money when ever i want! I think this should be illegal. Paypal is simply a 3rd party money exchange company who has no right to hold funds! If i ship out an item that states NO RETURNS ACCEPTED ITEMS SOLD AS IS,

How the **bleep** are you going to hold funds for something that has no returns anyways? As another note, If this policy does not change i will no longer be using paypal, or ebay as  a company for selling/buying items!

Login to Me Too

Madrona
Contributor
Contributor

Here's an entertaining website, which DOES give some PayPal alternatives. 

http://www.**bleep**-paypal.com/alternatives/alternatives_non_ebay.html

At least one of these alternatives claims they work with eBay (if you still want to stay with eBay):

http://www.merchantinc.com/

Login to Me Too

bigdaddycool287
Contributor
Contributor

when will i be able to use my money this will be the last time i sell anything on ebay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.