HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

eyez4starz
New Community Member

I know how you feel.  It is like I am held hostage.  I was told I could get my shipping fees but no luck.  I will not do this again.  I can't go to the store and buy anything and have someone hold the money for 3 weeks.  I am going to talk to my friend at the police department about getting some things back if I cannot receive payment.  I think I should be given my money if I provided a product the customer was very happy with.  Tracking information proves it was delivered.

Login to Me Too

FlashiusClay
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a vintage sampling drum machine on ebay, December 1st. $1450. My first ebay sale. A buy it now auction, it was up for all of 7 minutes before someone jumped on it. That buyer and myself agreed for me to deliver the item personally to them, Ebay classifies this as a local pick up. I even called Ebay and asked them if my funds would be held for 21 days without a tracking number. An Ebay rep informed me that the buyer's positive feedback would suffice in lieu of tracking information. Also, the Ebay rep told me that the email correspondence I had with the buyer would serve as documents in a legal situation.

I would have never drove the 2 hours to deliver the machine without this information from Ebay. I called both Ebay and Paypal to let them know I dropped the item off and they had better give me my gotdam money. The ESL b!@#$% on the line let me know that my money would be held until December 21st. Never mind that I got the item there safer and faster than Fedex could have. Disregard the positive feedback. I think if anything, Paypal should be able to hold the money for 7 days after the positive feedback just in case the buyer wanted to return the item. I did have a 7 day return policy. 

I think it is complete bullschitt that they hold my money without tracking information because there are instances when you don't need a motherfwawking tracking number. I have Positive Feedback explicitly saying that I hand delivered the item. F!@# a tracking number. F!@# Paypal. I will never let them get a penny of my paper ever again. If I have to keep this account to make ebay transactions smooth, so be it, but I will only accept money orders when I sell on ebay now.

Yeah, you sure didn't wait to take your 43 bucks off my $1450 did you know huh? I hate Paypal man.

Login to Me Too

bigdavehd
Contributor
Contributor

PAY PAL STINKS I HATE THEM AND AS SOON AS MY LAST FUNDS CLEAR I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE DOES AS WELL I HOPE SPACE JUNK FALLS FROM THE SKY AND THE TOP MANAGEMENT IS VAPORIZED. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CROOKS AND UNFIT TO EXIST.PLEASE CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNTS 

Login to Me Too

David05
Contributor
Contributor

well i called customer support and basically they told me my wife christmas was of no concern to them, and  if i wanted to avoid the 21 day wait i need to sell alt more stuff lol. UNREAL. **bleep** THEM I'LL USE CRAIGSLIST,  FREE ! ! SO Ebay  BITE ME ! !

Login to Me Too

melindalemmon
New Community Member

I have a perfect record with ebay and even with perfect feedback after buyer recieves item, they are withholding (stealing, even if temporarily) my money. i pay paypal immediately. when they have been paid, what's left is mine. why don't they think i should be paid in the same way? i need to be paid to continue doing business. if i do not recieve MY MONEY today, paypal is history, and i'll take all my friends and buyers with me. paypal said that payments would be held if there was any problems..well, they lied.the bible calls it sin to withhold someones legitimate pay for ONE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Canyonair
Contributor
Contributor

This seems to be a popular topic. My PayPal account has a payment hold placed on it for a reason that paypal has not said why. I have a 100% positive feedback rating but I now have to wait 21 days before my money is released. I now have to use a second fund source to ship items that I use to be able to deduct from PayPal account. This such BS. I am wondering how long PayPal will keep hijacking my account? Has anyone ever had one of these payment holds released? Its incredible that this company will intentially **bleep** off their customers by denying their money.

Login to Me Too

graceandcarol
Contributor
Contributor

OK, so there are a lot of people complaining here - BUT WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS?

I have told them I will be contacting the banking ombudsman here in the UK - although not sure if they can help.  BUT WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!!! 

I am also contacting RIP OFF BRITAIN  programme on the BBC.

No-one likes bad publicity!

Do any of you have a contatct at The Daily Mail newspaper?  This paper loves this type of story!

We have to stop suffering in silence!!!  PAYPAL AND EBAY HAVE TO BE MADE TO STOP THIS RANDOM HIKING OF OUR MONEY!!!

I am currently in the position of having to post everything recorded, which costs more money, so I can prove delivery.  All this does is cost both buyer and seller more money and make more money for Paypal and Ebay!  BUt with Paypal owned by Ebay, how can we get the payment rules changed on ebay to accept other means of payment?  Diddly squat I suspect!!  It's called a monopoly!  So does that mean we can complain to the Monopolies Commission too???

Please let me have any ideas!!  I AM INCENSED BY THIS!

I currently have zero in my bank account until pay day and £3 in my purse - but almost £200 on hold in Paypal!!  And I need petrol to get to work, food + I still have some xmas pressies to buy!

Also, do buyers know about this problem????  Maybe we should start a campaign aimed at them too!!!!?????  And encourage them to use an alternative payment method??

Login to Me Too

whyte66angels
Contributor
Contributor

OMG you mean they are even hitting our friends in Britin? I am so sorry people but I think about 300,000 or more have tried filing complaints with everyone including attorney general, No good. I filed some complaints & was told by several it is not paypal but Ebay. You signed this when you agree'd to pay for youe ebay account with paypal. When you linked the 2 together for payments & to pay they slipped it in there giving ebay full control of your paypal account. In order for this to stop you have to quit ebay. I did & I now sell on ebid.net I sold 6 items the other day & no 21day hold.

Login to Me Too

99er
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree.  Who says a buyer is going to leave feed back? That is what they are counting on. Since the ebay boycott and the mass exodus from ebay, and the removal of the ability to neg rate a buyer.   Buyers who are up in arms about that (because they are sellers as well...DUH)  have started to not leave feedback at all.  Another Greedy Corporation bent on stealing as much money from us as they can, writing their own rules and it being allowed (since they are not a bank and not regulated...scary thought.. if paypal collapses?? they are taking your money with them).   Read the contract, its in it.

This is a form of theft, because they get to use OUR money to generate vast amounts of interest, and invest however they choose.  21 days use of the amount of cash that flows through ...pretty good deal for paypal.   Since Ebay LOST so many sellers because of the Corruption at the top... they have to recoup their loss some how, so its double dipping its customers.  Soaking them with fees from ebay, then soaking them with fees from paypal.. not to mention now soaking customers with fees if you use the atm.  

If paypal was so concerned about our safety and security as they preach...why is it that i can forget my password and attempt to remember it by typing it in like 15 times, and never hitting a security trigger? never failing me and telling me to call?    Because ebay and paypal are set up and run by people who believe in theft...in many ways and forms.

They have allowed so much fraud to be perpetuated on sellers on ebay and via paypal over the years, its just part of its namesake.  Paypal we care about your identy....yeah i bet you do....so you can sell it off on some black market somewhere in some foreign country that does not regulate you like the USA SHOULD BE.

Login to Me Too

I agree with everyone on this issue. I cannot ship packages without some of the money being available. They used to do this in the past, but I guess that they changed that recently or something. The service rep told me to use my bank account or my credit cards to ship the package. However, after being laid off at my job my bank account is well EMPTY. The cards attached are debit cards for the bank. I need to be able to use the MONEY that was SUPPOSE to be used for shipping and I can't. I understand that they are worried that they will have to pay if someone just runs off and doesn't want to pay their money back but seriously. For us sellers with all POSITIVE feedback, this is unacceptable.

I am going to contact BBB and file a claim against Paypal and eBay. I suggest that everyone do that. BBB will get to the bottom of this once and for all. I have worked with BBB on several cases and they will make sure that Paypal changes this BS policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.