HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

I just can't believe how they can justify on getting their money up front and then holding our money in their coffers.

I think I am going to be done with this stuff, I was only doing it for fun and spent more than I would ever think to

make. Now they are permitting the buyer to control the destiny of the seller. Why would some one want to give positive feedback when they know pay pal is holding all your money.

Login to Me Too

nemofish
Contributor
Contributor

Why do PayPal feel it appropriate to take 21 days to process payments and for them to show up for cashing out?

People who use EBay ans payPal accounts are usually average citizens that are selling items to raise money to cover bills in the recession. CoOme on wake up PayPal people need these funds NOW. We do not all run a business that exploits the common man by earning interest on customers money for 21 days with no reciprocal interest plan for the consumer.

Its business practices like this that have ruined this economy and pushed the average person to the edge of financial ruin and even bad health broughy on by financial worry.

It is totally apparent that PayPal are expoiting even their own 10 day system at the expense of the customers that subscribe to a safe and secure payment method. If all EBay customers stopped using the system and transacted using back checks and waited for them to clear before shipping goods we would still get our money quicker.

There is no conscience with this company so i guess most of these posts are ignored and get little viewing time. But it makes us feel better to get it off our chests and hopefully a change of management or policy may end the tirade.

But, lets think for a final minute, that would mean reducing profits and benefiting the custiomer. Not happening is it?

Login to Me Too

rmc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I am a long time user of paypal/ebay, I have posted many times about this situation however as I stated in previous posts, our company moved on to other auction sites with GREAT success. Our on line store is doing well but we use auction sites to promote specials etc. We are a drop shipper and the paypal/ebay policy of payment holds makes it impossible for us to do business on ebay. Try  http:// us-dot-ebid-dot-net, they are free including store setup. You can choose to pay for a few extras but this is the sellers choice. This is a great site, GO THERE , DON'T WALK, DON'T CRAWL, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! Just a suggestion from someone who has given ebay the boot. They are hurting now and with the class action law suites that many of us are plaintiffs in they may even have to pay up in the future but for now get on with your life, its too short to waste on this greedy corporation.

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Nemofish wrote:

It is totally apparent that PayPal are expoiting even their own 10 day system at the expense........

There is no conscience with this company so i guess most of these posts are ignored and get little viewing time.........

But, lets think for a final minute, that would mean reducing profits and benefiting the custiomer. Not happening is it?........

Nope, don't think so my friend. As I've been posting for a while now: we're dealing with big bucks here. And often times when you have big bucks, you forget about picking the pennies up off the ground.

Login to Me Too

Dungle
New Community Member

I found that offensive too, but comapring it to Amazon which changed their system to 31 days hold it is wayy better
I am sure it will hurt them in short and long run, as many will look at laternatives such as ioffer and others

Amazon **bleep**!, ebay atlease is upfront,

I hear from radio that there has been 30,000 credit card infor or scoial security IDs been stolen from bank of America and that just might be the case ? I really dont think eBay does stuff like this out fo no where,... some thing is going on

Unlike Amazon ebay is a respectable company, honestly I love ebay and I truly believe they are not stupid to not underestand the affect of this 21 day hold will be greatly ngative,

Login to Me Too

BigTPoppa
Contributor
Contributor

Why is this being applied to a sellers account when said seller has had
positive feedback for quite sometime. This is impeding on a sellers
ability to turnover assets for further sales and buys. This allow buyers to
make a sellers account receive negative feedback for the people that are planning on doing fair business.

Let me say this for an example I sale an item for $150.00 but I want to
buy some items for $110. In your new proposed method. I would constantly be paying out on items I purchase but on items I sell my money is being held.

Is this new policy for all sellers or just some sellers in particular. I do not
feel this is a justified way of good business. Please response to my totally dissatisfaction with this proposal.
Login to Me Too

fseriesdude
Contributor
Contributor

well they can go pound sand. I was just selling some stuff I had collected over the years casually. I don't need eBay OR PayPal. Agree with earlier posts stating that they make interest on this money. Well, **bleep** em. I can get along very well in life without either of them. BTW...WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS...not the other way around. Hope you folks in Cali keep this in mind when 'ol Meg gets her campaign going.

Login to Me Too

jobarules
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not participating in this hideously unfair practice.  Yesterday, I called Paypal to complain after the first time this stupid policy was found to be affecting my account.  Like many of you, I have 100% feedback and have been an Ebay and Paypal member for over a decade.

Flatly, without compromise, I refuse to ship anything I sell unless Paypal/Ebay releases the funds my buyers pay to me immediately.   I called Paypal to complain and, after speaking to a supervisor who clearly understood my position despite her lame attempts at justification, they reverse one instance "as a one-time courtesy".  Sadly, I'll have to call again today as I have more sales that need to ship and, again, I will not under any circumstances do so until Paypal and Ebay release my money.

I suggest you all do the same.  The humans behind the policy can't keep their front up forever.  It will take pressure and you and I have right on our side.

No shipments until I'm paid.  That's what's right and Paypal can go to **bleep** if they think they're going to subvert that.

Login to Me Too

sotek11
Contributor
Contributor

Neither eBay nor PayPal are responding to my emails.

http://www.letssuepaypal.com

Stop complaining and join the fight!

Login to Me Too

baaaaaaaaaafaaa
Contributor
Contributor

Like many of you, I have 100% feedback and have been an Ebay and Paypal member for over a decade -jobarules wrote.     Exactly,  that is where I am as well.  I have been on ebay almost 12 years with 100% feedback and have had paypal for probably 8 years .   We have earned our stripes .  Its not like we wouldnt take care of a problem should our buyers have one .  That is how we have remained at 100% all these years.  I don't need any paypal resolution center ,  all the buyer has to do is email me with a problem and I guarantee you I will do everything possible to resolve it and eventually get another positive feedback .  I don't need anyone to help me do this.    The idea of reserving money for 21 days,  or even 1 day is a slap in the face.    If I had some negatives or open cases against me,  or anything that would give reason for this sudden change in the rules,  I would certainly understand.   I however havent done anything wrong and will not be listing any new items until my account returns back to the way it was.   I am waiting for ebay to charge my account for last month's commissions (  I opt to have my fees taken out of my paypal balance )  and I will manually pay my fees for this month.  After this,  everything will sit at zero until I can sell again without this restriction .   I do this for a hobby .  At my real job,  when I put in a week's worth or work,  I get paid for a week's worth of work .  They don't hold my pay for 3 weeks to see if any of my work comes back.  Its more a matter of respect than a matter of money .   Maybe I should try to buy something on ebay that is 50 years old (much like the items I sell),  and then if I am not satisfied with it for any reason   ,  all I have to do is  file a claim and I could probably get 50% back this way .    Maybe this is the way to go ,  it doesnt cost anything to buy ,  No fees whatsoever !  The sellers pay for it all and we are rewarded with more restrictions.  Not this time !  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.