HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

bigdaddycool287
Contributor
Contributor

nobody knows why

Login to Me Too

Well this is the 2nd time they are holding my payments and i never have had a claim or anything. You could use google checkout but that the only one i know so far. I'm checking into others as well. but rest assured it's paypal and ebay as i was told ebay owns paypal so it's not just paypal doing this it's ebay as well. I don't even sell nothing on ebay too so yea i'm like wtf about it!

Login to Me Too

therattrodder
New Community Member

All of a sudden PayPal wants to hold my funds (money paid to me from a buyer) up to 21 days..... what a sham.

Login to Me Too

temp11022011z
Contributor
Contributor

tell me about it I buy and sell on ebay and they tell you once your shipping and reciving is confirmed that your monies will be deposited, but I still have to wait almost 2 weeks befor I get my monies after the people have gotten their products. Such a scam!!!!

Login to Me Too

stretchedsteel
Contributor
Contributor

i've never had a bad paypal transaction in the long time that i have had an account but paypal keeps putting 21 day holds on my funds. the reason i am selling my belongings is because i am broke, therefore i cannot afford to front shipping money until paypal decides to release it. the site i sell through has a caveat emptor, caveat venditor policy. i pay a fair price to paypal for a service that i feel has been turned into an interest earning scam and this concerns me greatly. vast ammounts of money go through this company on a daily basis and it would be quite lucrative for them to sit on money for interest gains  while claiming it is to protect buyers. i personally am not buying it.  thoughs?

Login to Me Too

SquawPony
Contributor
Contributor
 A pending payment from a buyer is MY fault? So says Paypal, citing the "signing" of the agreement. Show me my signature!

I was paid by a buyer from an eBay auction, the art was shipped and they have been holding my money now for over a week.

If I buy a shipping label through Paypal, they will release it faster? That sounds like racketeering.

They also cite the infrequency of my selling as the reason for the hold. But I thought Paypal was separate from eBay?

Not the infrequency of my listings, which is massive but the actual selling. How is that MY fault?

I've been a verified business customer in good standing since 1999 but today I have filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office against Paypal.

It can be done online. Y'all should give it a try in your state.

All of this for $12.95, Paypal. Really?

C'mon Google Wallet.

Login to Me Too

team2win
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up on Sunday and got an email that because I'm a new seller on Ebay that any payments that are from Ebay customers are going to be held.. well sure enough, I got my 1st payment after this email and ALL funds are being held AND they want me to ship the product, even though the shipping fee has also been held...

Now the funny part is, I've been selling parts outside of ebay for the last 5 or 6 months and never had 1 chargeback or 1 dispute, nothing.. now that I'm selling on Ebay, there's supposedly some risk, as I started selling on Ebay about 30 days ago... this is TOTAL BS...

Login to Me Too

temp11022011z
Contributor
Contributor

I to agree, if the product was shipped give us our monies as any other person has things to do with their monies so do I. stop holding monies that isn't yours to hold paypal.

Login to Me Too

temp11092011y

Luckily they are only holding $30.00 out on me.!!  I consider it almost a cheap price to learn what underhanded scumbags the folks at PayPal are !!  I'll content myself with bad-mouthing Paypal at every opportunity, both in my social conversations as well as my Emails plus on YouTube.......!!

Paypal ---- you clowns REALLY need to consolidate your feces!!

Login to Me Too

Djten
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everybody, check this out. I've been posting this for at least about 300 pages and this is one of the reasons why I left eBay. I have PayPal with my new selling site. I just sold something and the buyer paid with PP. No waiting for 21 days, and none of that crap of begging the buyer for positive feedback! It was a straight up sell and buy deal. But my selling site asked me to rate the transaction, so I did. The buyer didn't leave any feedback but as long as I got my money and the buyer got their product, WHO CARES?? The only place they do that nonsense with is eBay because eBay owns PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.