HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

smoric88
Contributor
Contributor

so i just won an item on ebay..the buyer found a stain on the item and  refunded me my money..and now  is sitting in the account yet i cant get it back because of these stupid holds..when will i ever get my my money back??

Login to Me Too

rememberingyou
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has proven itself to be ridiculous. I have no idea what is going on. I have talked to 6 folks at paypal and ebay and no one can give a satisfactory answer. i am too through with them right now. And then they go ahead and deduct their fee, yet hold my money. Are they serious???? So, paypal gets paid on time, but the seller does not??? BOGUS!!! I am going to put in a complaint to the BBB and do a youtube video on this debacle. I am not going to stay quiet. Everyone needs to know that paypal is full of BS. Ebay and paypal want to make all of the money and leave you out in the cold for up to 21 days. That is unfair in every way. They don't even release the shipping amount so that the buyres item can be shipped. What sense does that make??? They have not heasrd the last from me. This is corpoarte greed at its best.  The seller is the reason paypal is able to make money. Withoput the seller paypal is NOTHING. It is about time they realized this fact.

Login to Me Too

chris41166

Hey, PayPal are you listing ((((.... Click!...)))) all done, nothing but dial tone for you.

Login to Me Too

vintagechick
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree about PayPal not infringing upon seller's payments and shipping costs!  I have not had this happen to me personally, but if it happens, I will be getting my own credit card machine and dropping PayPal.  I have been a member/user of PayPal for years and enjoyed their service, but I am not in agreement with what I have been reading that has been happening to other sellers! We are in business to make money, not to have our merchandise previewed for weeks! What a terrible idea!!!!! Some ideas need to be re-thought and this is certainly one that should be re-thought and done away with by PayPal!

Login to Me Too

conny
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am not sure about getting your own Credit card machine........I was thinking the same thing, until I read this:

"Under the changes announced today, all listings on ebay.com.au from May 21 will be required to offer PayPal (the online quasi-banking service owned and operated by eBay) as a payment option, and from June 17 only PayPal and cash payment on collection will be permitted. Bank deposits, postal orders, cheques -- and any payment service not provided by eBay (such as PayMate and Google Checkout) will be completely banned.

The only exception eBay will make to this new rule is the sale of houses, vehicles and businesses.

"Essentially eBay is no longer willing to stand aside and allow payment methods that are less safe for consumers," eBay trust and safety director Alastair MacGibbon told APC. He anticipates that the change won't be noticed by many sellers and buyers: "Most people already use PayPal on eBay. Most listings have PayPal on them." Users who don't want to register for a PayPal account will be able to make one-time payments via Mastercard or Visa through the service, but sellers must all have PayPal accounts to receive payments.  "

Save you money on the machine........Afterall, eBay owns PayPal.......

Login to Me Too

racerboy

i will never ever SELL anything again on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!obviously there r many others who feel this way with this policy

Login to Me Too

racerboy

never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Liv_N_Low
Contributor
Contributor

To ice_on_d

I hope you didn't take what I wrote to you in the wrong way for your .99c

I was caught up in the moment being frustrated with my own PayPal problems in how they can hold so much of MY MONEY when I wrote the message to you. I apologize if you had as I wasn't taking punch shots at ya.

You are right tho about them holding your .99c - WTF they thinking ??? If a Corp runs a business fairly then everyone is happy but when they start changing policies and start holding peoples money they then are looking for a fight and yes they found one.

Steal from me once I will let it slide as I was slippin in paying attention , but twice you will get hurt with legel lawsuits.

Login to Me Too

skoshiman
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable!!!  I wish I would have known this before opening a paypal account.  I am just trying to get started on ebay.  If my payments get witheld, it will make it very difficult to build up any kind of business.  Someone needs to start up a new company to replace paypal that ensures they will not have a payment witholding policy.  I have no problem with a policy that witholds payment "IF" you have established a bad trend of being a problem or defrauding your customers.  If you are a reliable seller/company, witholding your money must surely be against the law.  Shame on you PayPal!!!

Login to Me Too

mikeas
New Community Member

I have used paypal for years.  I sold items on ebay around Christmas to pay for college tuition which was due January 7th.  Paypal is holding over $350 of mine right now, had to put tution on the credit card.  I will no longer be accepting paypal as a payment option for auctions.  Infact I may just use Amazon and Craigslist for all my internet sale needs.  Google Checkout is a superior product.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.