What is the goal of Advantage?

dangive
Contributor
Contributor

So You've done it. You've splurged during one of your not so "happy" years and you end up with an email in your inbox that says "Welcome Advantage Member". Its at first intriguing because your wondering how in the? But you keep reading...... And reading; until "Benefits" OH BOY! 

After you look threw everything you start to wonder, did I really just spend all that money and get some membership that does not seem intriguing. I mean sure the benefits are plain and simple starring at us in the face. "Your Advantage Hotline" like how often would you even have to think about calling the number at the top of your screen? 

I for one would most likely never need to have Priority service unless its some life or death financial situation which in that case I would need that hotline. Not only just that number but paypal wont offer its Priority members with weekly or even bi-weekly great deals. No. It has to be strictly monthly! 

I wonder why it must be a month to month thing. That's what grinds my gears about this whole situation. Most of the offers are even waaaayyy over my head to even consider. Take for example a "meeting at long beach for lunch and fine wine" really? That's the best you can do. 

How about making an offer like "come out to Tacoma for your chance to drive a lamborgini garlardo and race one of nascars drivers." or just simply have him drive you around the track with lunch being provided at the track. I don't know about you but that's much much better than some boring meeting in a random town. 

For all you advantage members id like to know how you have benefited or not benefited from having this "Advantage" status. How do you feel and what would you like instead of a boring meeting?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DCEI

From what I see so far... Shameless self-promotion. My business and I are located in Bend, Oregon. So traveling to Long Beach, California for a cheap glass of pinot and pictures with a Marilyn Monroe drag queen - is definitely out of the question.  I wish people would be more honest, but it looks like you're not going to find honesty here. The purpose appears to be to rave about paypal so they're in the running for one of those "wonderful prizes". I still haven't received any formal invitations to any parties . . . poor me (or not).

Login to Me Too

leonag
Contributor
Contributor

A better advantage prize for me would be a half a percentage point off the money they charge me to use my money. I think at least one of those bottles of wine is mine. Send it.Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.