Inappropriate buyer language

Jeff12671
New Community Member

Hi, I had a buyer purchase an item off of one my websites and within 24 hours of purchasing it he requested a refund. He purchased it on a Thursday night and I didn't see his request to cancel until Monday morning. In the meantime he had also sent me an expletive laden email over the weekend calling me a scammer etc etc because I hadn't immediately refunded him. Anyway, this guy was a real piece of work and I got him refunded. Is their a policy though at Paypal where I can report him (he has an account) for using inappropriate language in this transaction. I know Ebay does for their transactions but how about Paypal for a non-Ebay transaction.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheApostle
Contributor
Contributor

So you're going to share with a third party an email the guy sent you in confidence (usual email "etiquette?"), and you don't understand why the guy might have been a bit ticked off?

I say that unless you were actually threatened with violence or harm, you should probably just forget about it all. On eBay, it's only if they use bad language in eBay messages or on feedback.

But in all reality, you're doing transactions using PayPal, and you aren't sending some kind of "Is it ok?" email after purchase?  And in a bit further off reality, you don't check your email, your personal, financially-related email address for almost four days?  Your "I'll just let it ride..." turned into a "that guy selling junk has taken me!".

At least you didn't have to pay for your Customer Relations 101 intro class.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.