Disapearing conformation of payment e-mails.

jwfeld
Contributor
Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I stopped receiving the e-mails that confirm that you have paid for your purchase.  I have been trying for the last week or so to find a solution.  The address is in my address book, so that takes care of that possibility.

I have also tried sending a test e-mail to that address as a test.  After time they do come back with an automated answer.  I have tried turning off my AntiVirus when I pay.    Still I do not get a receipt.  Please help

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

What email host are you using.

Hotmail and Paypal are having a bit of  tiff right now and in retaliation, hotmail is sending all of paypal's emails to the junk folder.  Marking the email as "Not junk" doesn't seem to make a difference.

Might check in there.

Login to Me Too

jwfeld
Contributor
Contributor

I am using cox.com e-mail.  Thanks for the try.  Joanne

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Okay, we'll try again.

Go to your account and click on the "profile" tab.

Check under "notifications and make sure the right boxes are checked off, then save the page.

See if that works.

(Mention to the computer that my NEXT suggestion involves a sledgehammer - that might helpSmiley Wink)

Login to Me Too

jwfeld
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question on one of the settings.  HTML or Plane text?   It is set on HTML and always has.  I also checked with Cox my e-mail provider.  I changed items to show items marked as spam and not delete.  I also reduced my e-mail security security settings.  I have also tried turning off my AntiVirus e-mail scan.  Just before I make a purchase.  And set it to turn back on in 15 minuets.

There is also a thread devoted to the problem that I have. 

I also appreciated your sugestion on the use of a sledghammer.

Thanks for your help.  Joanne

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I like the HTML myself, but there are some people ( notably those on dial-up) that preer the faster, stripped-down plain text configuration.

You lose the "Pay now" button on plain text.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.