Why when I try to pay goods on website thru Paypal payment option, I cannot use my balance?

domisfree
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

More and more when I try to pay goods on several website thru Paypal payment option, I cannot use my balance. Only credit card is allowed, and I have no possibility to select others option like my balance.

Need i configure something in my paypal account?

Or is depending of the merchant configuration of paypal payment?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@domisfree 

Are the funds in the correct currency for the merchant you are paying? Only paypal does not auto-convert your balance during checkout like it does from a bank or card funding source.

Also have you done this >>>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and put a dot in the balance option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

domisfree
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

In  my case the merchand set a payment in EURO and my balance are in $

About preferred choice, i already do that before create ticket.

What I can do in these type of case. Sometime after some login/logout or refreshing my balance are available. I that other possibilities to force the balance ?

Best regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@domisfree 

In  my case the merchand set a payment in EURO and my balance are in $

So did you actually read the first 2 lines of my above post???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

domisfree
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yes I read your 2 fist line for sure and thanks for that.

I just responded about my case to inform you and my English is not so good.

That what is strange, is sometime, when I force, reload, login/logout, the paypal popup, my balance is available after a certain time.

Apparently what you says, I will be able to pay only good from merchands when they set the Good in $ as my balance currency, is that correct ?

Best regards

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@domisfree 

Paypal will only auto-convert during checkout via a card or bank account.

If you have funds in your balance they either have to be in the correct currency that the recipient accepts OR you can convert them yourself in your balance from USD > Euros yourself but currency conversion fees apply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

domisfree
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks you, now I have a solution to use my balance.

Best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.