Unable to add my debit card

adalberto92
Contributor
Contributor
I want to add my debit card and it tells me that it is already added to another account when it is not, I do NOT have it added to my other PayPal account! please help.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adalberto92 

You can't have x2 business accounts, that is why you are probably getting issues. Try and close your old account unless you are going back to that country soon?

The billing address on the card would need to be a UK billing address if you want to add it.

Also you should allow 72 hours after removing a card before trying to add it again to another account, also try clearing history / cookies / cache and try again OR try another browser or device. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adalberto92 

Firstly how many paypal accounts do you have as you are only allowed x2 if x1 is personal and the other x1 is a business account.

Secondly ''did you'' have that card linked to another paypal account and how long since you remove it. OR have you never linked it to any Paypal account before?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

adalberto92
Contributor
Contributor
I have two accounts, both are commercial, one I opened a long time ago in my country in Central America and I had added that debit card that I am now trying to add to my new account, but a month ago or less I deleted it from my commercial PayPal account in my country and a few days ago I opened a commercial account in the UK and I am trying to add that debit card and it gives me that message that I should delete it from the other account but it has been deleted for a few days now. Is there a problem there? I don't know if I understand myself!
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adalberto92 

You can't have x2 business accounts, that is why you are probably getting issues. Try and close your old account unless you are going back to that country soon?

The billing address on the card would need to be a UK billing address if you want to add it.

Also you should allow 72 hours after removing a card before trying to add it again to another account, also try clearing history / cookies / cache and try again OR try another browser or device. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

adalberto92
Contributor
Contributor

Could I change my account in my country from commercial to normal? The debit card that I want to add to the business account in the UK is from my country.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@adalberto92 

You can't add another countries card to a country specific paypal account, billing address and paypal address has to match.

Normally its hard to do anything with your old countries paypal account once you have moved, you should really close it before moving, but no harm trying to  downgrade or close it?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

adalberto92
Contributor
Contributor
I understand, in my case the solution is open an account in the UK and maintaine the paypal account in my country, there is not a problem but now I know how to do. Thanks for your help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.