Routing Number For Capitec Bank 2023

GioanVM
Contributor
Contributor

Does anybody know what the actual routing number for Capitec Bank is to use with PayPal? Capitec Bank says, according to a post on X (formally Twitter), it is 198765. PayPal doesn't accept this number because it is too short. It should be 9-digits. They, Capitec Bank, also states that one can simply "add zeroes" to make it a 9-digit number, but PayPal rejects both 000198765 and 198765000 as valid routing numbers. I've even tried 470010, 470010000 & 000470010, all of which PayPal rejects.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GioanVM 

Scroll right down to nearly the bottom of the below link, and read the section titled If you have a Paypal account in South Africa.
https://www.paypal.com/ie/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-withdraw-money-to-my-local-bank-account-faq1189

Here are some more helpful links:
https://techgirl.co.za/2018/01/18/withdraw-funds-paypal-south-africa/
https://briefly.co.za/92711-simple-steps-linking-fnb-paypal-accounts.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GioanVM
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. I've followed your instructions, but could not find the section you are referring to on that page. There's no "If you have a PayPal account in South Africa" section. The video about how to make a withdrawal was informative, but not relevant because you have to actually first link your Bank account, which requires the routing that I'm looking for.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @GioanVM and @kernowlass

Thanks for stopping by and posting in the PayPal Community! 

I understand you're having trouble linking your Capitec bank, and I'm sorry to hear that. You would only want to add the routing number supplied directly by your bank. If the routing number doesn't work, it may be possible that the bank is not compatible. The Help Center article that @kernowlass supplied earlier, How do I withdraw money to my bank account? includes details for how to link FNB towards the bottom. 

Best wishes! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

GioanVM
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Thanks. I've discovered that I'll have to link my Capitec account through FNB, as it was pointed out. FNB unfortunately doesn't allow the creation of online profiles from/on mobile devices. I, unfortunately don't have a desktop PC or a laptop to create FNB banking profile.
Login to Me Too

Sne147
New Community Member
I'm also having the same problem..... Did you manage to get yours fixed
Login to Me Too

Temp20240524a
New Community Member
I need to know the capitec routing number 9 digits
Login to Me Too

Ajaykock12
Contributor
Contributor
What much i do
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.