Linking Bank Account - New Zealand

Carl_Al
New Community Member

Hello,

I can't link my Paypal account to my bank account saying that it needs the bank code and account number.

My bank doesn't have a bank code so I'm not sure how to link this. Also, my account number is longer than 11 characters. Unless I made a mistake somewhere along the line when signing up.

Thank you for helping!

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Maram-Fahad
I have an ANZ bank and I'm still having trouble connecting my account. I have tried all suggestions above and nothing worked
Login to Me Too

wenabean

Same. A year later did you have any joy? @Steff12 

Login to Me Too

tonym650

ASB account just will not compute. How frustrating and stupid. My personal account with ANZ had no problems, but my business!!!! Sent messages, rang customer support and nothing. Pushpay looks like the only way out of it.

Login to Me Too

Ants10

I am hoping someone can help since everyone seems to have managed to finally link their bank accounts. When I type in the ASB Routing number it says BANK OF NEW YORK (BUSINESS BANKING)....which is clearly not not, hmmmm. Then I only have one other area to fill in for my 'account number' as seen below on the snip. I have tried with and without the routing number and then every combo from the messages but it still says no go. 

Heeeelp 😞 

Ants10_0-1589767378965.png

Login to Me Too

meiringkeegan

I just figured it out.. Well, for me at least. Hope this works for you: 

1. For the bank number (6 digits) you DONT use the hyphen. 
2. For the account number (9-11 digits) you DO use the hyphen. So weird. I also tried between the suffix being either 02 or 002. 02 seemed to work for me. 

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Bale
New Community Member
The first six digits of your account number are your bank number. For example 060177. Next account number is a little bit tricky but use seven digit account number then-and then suffix. Definitely it is going to work but use it with-you must. With account number don’t worry about the 11 digit seven digit account number plus-plus suffix. For my case it works with seven digit account number-and Two digit suffix. Must remember that-
Login to Me Too

princy1

kiwibank is not working at all

Login to Me Too

CRiversmusic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.
I'm trying to link an ASB account and have tried all of the suggestions below, but it is still not working. 
Any updates on this issue? I'm posting December 2020. 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Ljcantfindauser
New Community Member
I still cant add my account. Its asb and the bank number it in no worries but I cant get the account number to work. It wont let me add any - in either
Login to Me Too

dstnction
New Community Member

Same as us.

Unable to withdraw money for months now. Have emailed Paypal, called their help centre, tried all advice in this thread and others - just no go.

xx-xxxx-xxxxxxx-xx is our bank account format. The input validation says xxxxxx / xxxxxxx-xx is the correct format. Click submit and "Sorry, we’re unable to link that bank because it is disabled. Please try another bank." pops up. Tried another bank (that in itself is ridiculous, as a business it's not really normal to have to spin up another bank account) - and that also didn't work.

Called the helpline and the agent said our account needed to be reset, she did it and said wait 48 hours... Did that, and... same problem. How do we get our money out? This is atrocious.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.