Is there an updated list of online bank accounts I can ACTUALLY link to my PayPal account?

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor

I had Simple linked, which changed to BBVA then PNC, at which point I cancelled. Then I linked Chime, which no longer is supported apparently as PayPal likens it to a prepaid card. I saw another post saying they don't accept Bank of America anymore either - only a savings account. Is there an updated list of bank accounts PayPal actually will allow you to link? I have managed my business with PayPal since 2011 and it's become increasingly more and more limiting as time passes. Unless I have a bank account, the most I am allowed to immediately have available within any given months is a measly $300. This has been an ongoing issue for over a year now. I haven't had a single return or claim in years, I ship quickly, I am a good, responsible, loyal and profitable business owner and PayPal user. But I detest banks. I want as "hands free" and simple of a bank as I can possibly have to just link to my PayPal so I can actually get by. Does anyone have a list or any recent personal experiences?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Mike405060
New Community Member

Hello,

I am having similar issues - how were you able to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Mike

Login to Me Too

thehauntedhived
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I still have not found a solution. I tried a couple more online banks but neither of them were compatible. May have to try creating an account at one of the largest banks like Chase (which I had previously and detest). I just don't understand why PayPal can't just provide a list of banks they are compatible with. I don't understand what is the big deal. Unless there's something going on with the banking industry behind the scenes the public isn't aware of? I recently tried cashing a $32 check from Shutterfly - their check was through Wells Fargo, and literally nowhere would cash it - not PayPal, Credit karma, Kroger, Walmart, Bank of America, check cashing places, the screen showed "Deposit Only" at the banks I went to. Never had that happen before. Same with a $500 check I received from a large marketing company, their bank was Chase. I went straight to a Chase bank and same thing, it said "Deposit Only". Nowhere else would cash it, then PayPal actually came through and cashed it. Idk, it feels like everything with banks anymore is just a coin toss with no rhyme or reason.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.