Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to Link my Kiwi Bank to my Paypal Account

Options
NidaH1
New Community Member
Posted on

Hi there,

I would like to get some helps in here. I am trying to link my Kiwi bank to Paypal account but it does not let me ( saying incorrect bank account) 

I am using the first 6 digits are the Bank Number and the rest 9 digits are bank account. 

I am not sure what I have done wrong, but it's still an issue. 

Please helps .

10 REPLIES 10

Options
sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor

@NidaH1 

If your entire bank account number is formatted like this: 12-1234-123456-012

The first two groups is bank/branch number (don't enter the dashes). Bank account number will be the 6 digit account number and suffix, the second two groups. Some banks give you 3 digit suffix but use only the last two digits or don't enter the zero. Enter bank number or code as "121234", account number "0123456-12".

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

Options
Houhi
New Community Member

I am still not able to link my kiwi bank account to my paypal i have done what is recommend but i have yet still had no luck could you please help me out?  

Options
gurlpowerjl
Contributor
Has anyone got an answer for this plse. I am with Kiwi Bank and still cant link it. Called Kiwi Bank and they have no idea. Told me to call Paypal because there is only a CERTAIN format that they accept.

Options
Kiwibanker
Contributor
I am with kiwibank and have successfully linked 2 accounts. Bank name is the name of the account. Ie John smith. Bank number is 38 then your next 4 numbers. Ie. 389019 Account number is the next digits 7 numbers and then a dash and your suffix. Ie 1234567-00. As I've said I've done it this way twice and it worked

Options
NZ_query
New Community Member

I did everything you said. It says it has linked to the bank but STILL will not me move funds into my PayPal. Any ideas?

Options
Kiwibanker
Contributor
I'm not sure I fully understand. Linking your bank account means you can withdraw payments into your bank account which usually takes 3 days. If you with to add money to your paypal account I think you need to use a credit or debit card.

Options
KEAW123

Super helpful. Thanks heaps! I never would have thought to put the account name in the 'bank name' section.

It also wanted a hyphen before my suffix before it would accept my account. Just leaving that here in the comments in case someone else experiences the same.

Options
erista12
New Community Member

I would have never guessed you had to leave out every hyphen except that last one. Thank you so much 🙂 

Options
Amelia567
New Community Member
I followed this information and it helped me big time. I was putting down the bank as in Kiwibank instead of my name and I did not place the - between the sufix. But now that I have its all linked and complete. Thank you.

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.