How do I get my Paypal account linked to my bank account once the bank account has been unlinked?!

jstowns
Contributor
Contributor

I'll try to make this brief. I was able to link one bank account to three separate personal Paypal accounts without any issues. I was able to transfer the balances from each account to my bank (just the one bank), but now I can't. I got an email saying that the transfer had been reversed and that the link to the bank in one of my accounts had been undone. (It was still available in the other two). I've tried umpteen times to relink my bank to this account, but I always get a "Try later" message. Then I thought maybe I would be able to relink the bank to this account if I removed the link to the other two accounts. Still the same "Try later" message. I also had an old home address for my bank account, so I updated that. Nothing. Now I'm unable to add the link to one of the other accounts. I called customer service but couldn't get a person. I've also been trying the Paypal Assistant bot option, but apparently the bot is out to lunch or something: I ask a question and get no response at all. Has this happened to other people? It's not a lot of money that I want to put in my bank account, but for me it might as well be $1,000,000! Can anyone possibly shed light on this? Thanks for reading all this! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstowns 

Well if you don't want those accounts limited and they are all the same account type then closing x2 asap is advisable.

However you need to make sure you remove everything linked to them first ie cards/bank accounts / close subscriptions etc before you close the account.

Then allow 72 hours and try re-adding the bank account to the account with the funds in it and confirm it with the 4 digit code.

You can also withdraw to a debit card in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstowns 

You are only allowed a maximum of x2 paypal accounts and only then if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business.

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them all being limited. 

You shouldn't be linking a bank to more than x1 paypal account at a time as per link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/why-cant-i-link-a-bank-account-to-my-paypal-account-HELP199

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jstowns
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the prompt reply. So do you think that by closing two of the three accounts I'll be able to access the money from the other account, or is that futile at this point? I'd like to close two of the accounts, but I don't want to do that if the money I have in the other account can't be accessed. 

Thanks very much. 

John

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jstowns 

Well if you don't want those accounts limited and they are all the same account type then closing x2 asap is advisable.

However you need to make sure you remove everything linked to them first ie cards/bank accounts / close subscriptions etc before you close the account.

Then allow 72 hours and try re-adding the bank account to the account with the funds in it and confirm it with the 4 digit code.

You can also withdraw to a debit card in your country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jstowns
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! I will give your advice a try. 

John

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.