The Indian Currency Option on PayPal Business Account Creation

ShubhamUjjainwa
New Community Member
Dear PayPal Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I encountered while creating a new account on PayPal.

I am an Indian resident and during the registration process, I noticed that the option to select Indian currency (INR - Indian Rupee) was not available. This poses a problem for me as I primarily operate in INR and need the ability to transact in my local currency.

I understand that PayPal has been supporting INR transactions for quite some time, and I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. It is essential for me to have the option to conduct transactions in INR to ensure a seamless experience while using your platform.

I kindly request that you provide a solution or guide me on how to proceed in order to have INR added as a currency option to my PayPal account. I have reviewed the available resources on your website but did not find a specific solution to address this particular issue.

I value the convenience and security that PayPal offers and would love to utilize its services effectively. Your prompt attention and assistance in resolving this matter would be highly appreciated. Please let me know if there are any additional steps or information required from my end.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShubhamUjjainwa 

INR is not a paypal supported currency, list of supported currencies are here.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/reports/reference/paypal-supported-currencies/

Also in India you can only receive international payments and not domestic payments.

https://www.reuters.com/article/india-paypal-hldg-idUSKBN2A50B4

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.