Debt Collection Agency

Heartsink89
New Community Member
Hello, I have received a letter off a debt collection agency, while logging into my PayPal as I was unsure why or if this was legit I’ve noticed my pay pal wallet was in debt. The issue I have now is who do I resolve this with, the debt collection agency or PayPal themselves. Only asking as PayPal have options to top your wallet up still, I’m worried if I did this with PayPal I would still have the agency chasing me or if I go through the agency my PayPal account would be void Any help appreciated Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @Heartsink89,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear your PayPal balance is currently negative. I know this must be concerning. If you resolve your PayPal balance yourself, we will communicate with the collections agency to confirm it has been paid. 

There is no right or wrong way to pay off your balance. By paying off your balance as soon as possible, it will prevent your account being locked. 

If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.