Can't see Paypal Balance

MutedX
New Community Member

For some reason when I log into my paypal account I cant see my balance. Like I cant see anything my banks are still there its just Paypal balance doesn't exist and when I try to see it it doesnt show up, not even under payment methods or ways to pay online. Its like it up and disappeared. Can someone help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chrisricky 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in Nigeria.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
51 REPLIES 51

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MutedX

Your PayPal balance will show if there is a balance. Just because you have linked bank accounts, it doesn't show what you have in your bank's balance. It doesn't work that way; if I understood your topic correctly. PayPal will only show a balance if someone sent you money into your PayPal account and you kept the balance/funds there. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

hubboard
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know about the original poster, but I can't find my balance either! It's not that the balance is zero, there isn't even a place on the page where a balance would appear. Now I know that the current balance IS zero, but that should be shown somewhere! A message from PayPal in response to my query said that some browsers were not showing the balance, and they were trying to fix it - so I know it's not me. Also, the "transfer" button has ceased to exist. I hope that when money credits to my account these things reappear, but I'm not holding my breathe . . . BTW, I have tried Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari, and none work to show the balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hubboard 

It would help if you said what country you are in and what paypal account type you have.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hubboard
Contributor
Contributor

Mine is a personal account in America.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hubboard 

In that case I think it would be this new policy.....

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rm8ty
Contributor
Contributor

This just happened in the last week. The change referred to in the link started in March.  

Login to Me Too

blmjr

No, I definitely have a balance, just got two payment, but no where on any page is an indication of how much money is in there. REALLY bad flaw in a financial program.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blmjr 

If you want to get advice you need to say what country you are in and type of paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Chrisricky
Contributor
Contributor
I'm from Nigeria and I can't see my balance after receiving a payment on my mail alert
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.