Adding PayPal card to Google Pay

periphery91
New Community Member

I have been trying to add my Paypal debit card to a Google Pay account for over a week. I've tried to get a PayPal Credit card as well - no success as well.

And I still did not succeed and get no help from customer support - they are completely useless.

Why is it so hard and stressful?

I remember Paypal used to be a great company with the best customer support. I have been a client for over a decade now. I am so disappointed with the customer support and how the website/app works now (it's completely broken).

Last week when I called customer support - they told me that they can not identify me because I changed my phone number recently and I have to wait a couple of days.

Yesterday I called customer service and the lady called Tisha answered the phone. She asked for the debit card credentials which I entered when tried to add my debit card to Google Pay. She misheard me and said that first number supposed to be different. I corrected her and said that she misheard me. After that she said that she was going to check some information with Google if they opened an account for me (or pretended to do so). After that she said that she can see that I tried to link my debit card multiple times but because I entered "wrong" card number I must wait 24 hours so their security system will cool down. I was completely shocked by her words and asked why she is lying to me because I never entered wrong info and she misheard me first time. After that she threatened to stop the phone call. I immediately asked to talk to her supervisor. She put me on hold for five minutes. After that I talked to a male team member who introduced himself as a supervisor. He seemed more professional and said that they have no information that I did anything wrong, but I must wait 24 hours anyway.

Today I tried to add my Paypal debit card to a Google Pay account yet again - and again I got an error that I entered incorrect card number! I keep getting this message in a PayPal app!

I tried to call PayPal customer support but nobody picked up the phone for 2 hours, it seems like they blacklisted me. After 2 hours of waiting and holding I hang up.

I am completely disappointed with this kind of service. This is unacceptable.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.