ARL collect Pty Ltd

Umerg13
New Community Member

I got this msg recently “Please contact ARL Collect Pty Ltd regarding an urgent business matter on <removed> or reply CALLME. Quote Ref DN106012136.” Asking if I don’t fix my negative balance in my paypal acc they will go to delta collection asking for a visa payment though the phone I’m scared maybe it not a legit company

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Alana94
New Community Member
I received a letter to my home address today! Didn’t receive email or phone call and PayPal didn’t notify me either
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525FD
Contributor
Contributor

what happened?

Login to Me Too

Jo773
New Community Member
Yes, my husband received a letter today and it sounds like it’s the same one as you received. It’s funny because he actually doesn’t have a PayPal account!! The PayPal account is in my name which he uses. I checked my account and there is nothing outstanding.
Login to Me Too

TimF100
Contributor
Contributor

I received a very similar letter in the post today, saying I need to pay $217.95 and it was due 2 days before I received the letter.

Looks very professional and legit, but I’m pretty sure its a scam.

It references a PayPal account number (about 20 digits long) but as far as I know PayPal only uses email addresses, not account numbers and there are a few minor typos in the letter. It also says PayPal have made many attempts to contact me which is wrong. As far as I know, I’ve never had any debt to PayPal, and my account shows a zero balance.

I won’t be paying and will see if PayPal will give me some more info.

There are lots of questions about this on the web and while ARL may be legitimate collectors, this seems a well constructed scam. 

Login to Me Too

Ahhhmmmyyyy
New Community Member
Same thing happened to my partner (person writing this) and called up and told me I had an overdue acc with PayPal then they tell me I owe 100 bucks more yet paypal locked me out of my account and every attempt to email them clearly failed as no one got back to me now resulting in having to pay 100 bucks more than originally was overdue.
Login to Me Too

Kkd211
New Community Member
I've been receiving these too My account is in negative balance of $100 however no contact from PayPal. I have tried contacting PayPal numerous times and have tried resolving the negative balance with 3 x different credit cards and 2 x different bank accounts. Have tried so many times to pay it and always get an error code Have tried contacting PayPal multiple times with no response so won't be responding to ARL.
Login to Me Too

dunkyboy05
New Community Member

Similar thing has happened to me.

It appears to be an issue of fraud. The email address was completely unknown to me. They had used my name and address when registering the account (which was proabably taken from the Australian Business Register).

Called PayPal and they have started an investiagation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.