someone wants to send me a refund and wants my PayPal account details. What do I need to send them?

merrily2021
Contributor
Contributor

Someone owes me a refund and wants to pay it by PayPal.  They want my account details, but I don't know what information they need, or what I should send them.  Can someone help with this please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@merrily2021 

They don't need it, tell them to click on your transaction and then click on the refund option bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@merrily2021 

They don't need it, tell them to click on your transaction and then click on the refund option bottom of that details page.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

merrily2021
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this, but I think I may need something slightly different.  I bought the item in a shop in Sweden, and I'm now back home.  It broke and so I'm communicating with them by email.  I don't have a transaction to click on, unfortunately.  Sorry for not making this clear - I've never used PayPal  community before, so thought I had to keep the question really short.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@merrily2021 

ok then for them to send you money they would need your paypal email address.

Ask them to send it using the friends/family option so that you don't get it put on hold OR pay a fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

merrily2021
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect, thanks, that's just what I needed to know.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.