Wish payment error...

Ructions
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya! I have used PayPal to pay for my purchases on the Wish app many, many times in the past. But, it's just stopped working the last few days... I go to the Wish checkout - then I go to PayPal - payment tries to go through - but then it jumps back to Wish and says: "Ouphs! Unknown Error!" I definitely have enough cash in my account... I uninstalled the Wish app, then re-installed it, but payment STILL won't go through. I've turned my phone on & off, logged off & on, but still no joy. I'm reduced to cursing at my phone at this stage... Up until last week I'd paid for goods on Wish through PayPal countless times, but the last few days I just can't get it to work. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone any idea how I fix this? Thank-you! 😊

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

EllieK123
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Guys I’ve opened wish through the actual website instead of the app and it lets me pay through PayPal that way. It’s not a long term solution but it will get me by until wish support gets back to me. I always paid wish through PayPal but since the app was updated with the ‘ slide to pay’ bar. It keeps saying “opps there was an error contacting PayPal”. So maybe try logging in through some other server, search engine for the time being until wish support answers. If they mail me with a solution, I’ll update. Hope this helps. Regards Ell
Login to Me Too

SmilyDee
New Community Member
I've been having this issue aswell. I just tried going through my browser to wish website and it worked
Login to Me Too

Ldcgreen77
Contributor
Contributor

Worked for me as well

Login to Me Too

BNA66
Contributor
Contributor
Have you reported the problem to Wish.com?
Login to Me Too

Avonsdanimal
Same here.
Login to Me Too

Deanloughton89
New Community Member
This is very frustrating items are in my basket and I can't complete checkout, anyone resolved this problem with the payment issue?
Login to Me Too

dstake
Contributor
Contributor
DO WE QUIT USING WISH?
Login to Me Too

BNA66
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted Wish.com and it seems like they are in a auditing nightmare right now. Anyone that place multiple orders has been shut down and asked to verify that they paid for their products before they can buy more, hince the bank statement of which I told them I was not going to give them. They suggested opening a new account with a different email address. I did that, I had no problem placing an order using PayPal on my smartphone.
Login to Me Too

Kirsberry
New Community Member
I had the same problem. Did a little research and now I wonder if they are fishing for customer information. Has there been any reports in this regard
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.