Why Am I Unable to Add Funds to My PayPal Balance Using a Confirmed Debit Card?

Jewgazi
Contributor
Contributor

Like the title says, I have linked a debit card to PayPal. The card is confirmed and everything is good to go. However, when I try add to my Balance, I select the option to use the card, select the specific card, which is listed as available for balance transfer, with payment method chosen, I click "Add $X.xx amount Now," the screen loads for a few seconds or sometimes moments, then I receive the same error message and am unable to do anything other than exit and start over. 

I have added 4 photos showing my step-by-step process up to the error message. After those 4 pics, I included 2 additional photos showing PayPal's own Help section instructions stating a bank can be used for 3-5 business day transfer or a debit card for immediate transfer. Oddly enough, both included instructional videos for the browser and app both show the bank option being selected, not the debit option.

1 Select Method1 Select Method1 Select Method

2 Choose Way Add Funds

3 Method Chosen3 Method Chosen3 Method Chosen

4 Error4 Error4 Error

5 5 Browser Add Instructions5 5 Browser Add Instructions5 5 Browser Add Instructions

6 App Add Instructions6 App Add Instructions6 App Add Instructions

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jewgazi 

Have you got a paypal 'balance' account or business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jewgazi
Contributor
Contributor

I have a regular, non-Business account. I have verified my ID, confirmed my linked cards & bank account, at times hold funds in my Balance, and use PayPal to pay for plenty of things online. I have also had repeated issues with Pay In 4 where I receive this exact same error message when it suddenly stops accepting the linked card to make payments. I'll try to manually make the payment and switch the payment source, only to receive the "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now...etc. etc." error screen. When I contacted PayPal about that, they were unable to offer an explanation or troubleshoot and eventually customer service had to manually remove all my linked cards and re-add them while we stayed on the phone. Some of them still did not work to pay the balance but 2 finally did. There never was any explanation for the issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.